𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"I don't believe it" Lydia states "Scott can't really be with them. He can't be"

"You didn't see the look on his face though. It was..." Stiles drawls off, not being able to find a word to describe he hopelessness my brother expressed.

"Then what can I do? I mean, I get that I'm some kind of, like, human Geiger counter for death. But I don't know how to turn it on and off yet. All I know is that she tried to kill me because of-" Lydia cuts herself off, looking deep in thought.

"Because of what, Lyds?" I ask curiously.

"Hey, Lydia, what?" Stiles asks.

"When she called me a Banshee, she was surprised by it. What if that's not why she tried to kill me?" Lydia suggests.

"Then why did she?" Stiles asks in confusion.

"That's what we need to find out" Lydia answers.

❦ ❦ ❦

"Aiden isn't texting me back" I huff as we walk through the school halls.

Stiles stops still and I turn to him, sighing.

"Okay, well, maybe we could just- We could go over there and-" Lydia cuts her suggestion short as Stiles pulls out his phone.

The Stilinski boy's face pales and he looks as if he's about to faint, worrying me.

"What? Oh my God. Stiles, what's happened now?" I ask worriedly.

"It's from Isaac" He answers shakily "Jennifer, she- She has Allison's father. She took him. She's got all three now"

My heart drops to my stomach and my eyes water in fear for my mother.

"There's still time" Lydia says optimistically "We still have time, right?"

"Stiles? Are you okay?" I hear her ask and I look at the boy in concern.

He starts to hyperventilate, his face turning chalk white and he stumbles a little.

"Stiles?" I speak, my tears disappearing as I watch the boy struggle for a breath "Hey, talk to me"

"I think I'm having a panic attack" He chokes out.

Lydia looks at me in cluelessness and I nod, letting her know I've got this handled.

"Stiles, come on" I sigh, grabbing his arm and dragging him out of the crowded hallways "Come on, dork. I got you"

We reach the locker room and drop our bags to the floor, Stiles stumbling against the lockers. He makes it to the second set of lockers before sliding down them and I drop to my knees in front of him.

"Just try and think about something else" I advise him "Anything else"

"Like what?" He pants out.

"Uh, happy things. Good things. Uh, friends, family-" He looks at me in disbelief and I choke on the word, realising my mistake "Okay, maybe not family. Fuck. Just try and slow down your breathing"