𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Wow" I mumble looking around the buzzing hospital as I enter with my brother "This place is packed"

I spot our mom and I grab Scott's arm, dragging him forward. He holds up her dinner to her and she smiles at us.

"Oh, thank God. I'm starving" She says, taking the plastic bag from him.

She places the bag down on the front desk and turns back to us.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Thank you for bringing me dinner" She says, giving us both quick hugs.

"Is everything okay?" Scott asks her and she nods.

"Except for half the accident victims in a 10 car pile up being rerouted here from downtown, and the ER attending not answering any of his pages? Yeah, I'm okay" Our mom rants, obviously stressed.

"What does "not answering pages" mean?" Scott asks.

"He's MIA. Most likely snoozing somewhere. They're probably gonna have to wait for the on-call to get here" I answer and he rolls his eyes at me.

"You watch too much Greys Anatomy" He states.

"Miss?" A crying woman approaches our mom.

"Yes?" She asks the woman.

"Excuse me. Can I kind of please have something for the pain?" The woman asks through tears.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I know. But actually giving you something could complicate things, so...We really just need to wait for the doctors, okay?" Mom explains to the woman, sitting her down before turning back to the receptionist "How much longer on Dr Hilyard?"

"Ten minutes" The receptionist answers.

Scott sits down next to the injured woman and I smile softly as I watch him take her pain away, black veins running up his arm.

"Someone help me!" I hear the voice of Ethan Steiner fill my ears and I spin around to see him helping a limping Danny "I need help!"

"Mom!" I yell and she comes rushing to help as Scott also jumps up.

We help Ethan sit Danny down in a chair and and he screams in pain.

"What did you do to him?" Scott snaps, grabbing Ethan back.

"Nothing!" Ethan retorts "He said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing, but it just kept getting worse"

"This is not good" I hear my mom comment "How much longer on Dr Hilyard?! His larynx has shifted to the side. I think it's a tension pneumothorax"

Danny abruptly lurches forward and throws up a bunch of light coloured liquid with what looks to be some type of plant mixed in.

"Mistletoe" Ethan murmurs and I look at him in confusion.

Another nurse rushes over and helps my mom get Danny onto a stretcher, wheeling him off. Ethan, Scott and I follow behind closely as Danny groans loudly in pain.