𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

We head over to the Hale loft and I head in first with Lydia as not to alert them before bringing in Ethan.

"We know about the lunar eclipse, so don't think Kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field. She's coming" Ethan announces to the Hales "My brother's coming with her"

"Good enough for me. Derek?" Peter speaks.

"You want me to run?" Derek scoffs.

"No. I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an Alpha with a psychotic foot fetish" Peter says sarcastically "Of course I want you to run! Sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town"

"If you wanna fight and die for something, that's fine with me. But do it for something meaningful" Cora tells her brother.

"How do you know I'm gonna lose?" Derek asks.

"We don't. But I'll bet she has an idea" Peter states, looking at Lydia who is stood next to me "Don't you, Lydia?"

"I don't know anything" She frowns.

"But you feel something, don't you?" Peter asks.

"What do you feel?" Derek asks the Martin girl.

"I feel like...I'm standing in a graveyard" Lydia declares.

I share a worried look with Cora before looking at Derek.

❦ ❦ ❦

The loft alarm blares loudly until Kali smashes it off the wall before turning to Ethan, Lydia and I.

"Where is he?" She growls.

"I think he said he was heading out to do some shopping, run a few errands" Lydia lies through her teeth.

"The usual werewolf afternoon" I add sarcastically.

"Who do you two think you're talking to?" Kali spits.

"Someone in desperate need of a pedicure. I'd be happy to give you a referral" Lydia sasses the woman who takes a threatening step towards her and I push Lydia behind me protectively.

Kali looks as if she's about to rip me to shreds until the sound of Aiden growling makes her pause. The female Alpha turns to the angry boy in disbelief.

"Oh, really?" She sneers at him "Did someone take their little assignment too seriously?"

"She's not the problem" Aiden argues, glancing at me.

"Maybe the problem is where your loyalties lie" Kali retorts.

"Oh, God. Is this about to get really violent?" Lydia asks.

"Probably" Ethan answers.

Suddenly the glass above us shatters and Ethan grabs both Lydia and I, yanking us away from the figure who lands on the concrete.