"I have returned," he said, with another smile. Ahh, why am I smiling so much? he wondered, the smile dropping. He handed Cale a letter. It was, in reality, addressed to both Cale and Adara, but Cale was the closest.

Cale opened the letter, read its contents quickly, sighed. He turned the letter so Adara could read it as well, while he turned to look at Ron. "Ron, go wrap up a bottle of our best wine."

Adara, from her distance on the couch, could read it perfectly fine. The first thing she saw, was that the letter had the crest of the Flynn Merchant Guild. The second, was the single sentence inside the letter.

[Young Master Cale and Young Mistress Adara, will you be treating me to alcohol soon?]

Oh, she thought suddenly. Of course, the greedy piggy bank is coming to meet us. Haa, we are so close to meeting the Crown Prince.

Ron nodded at Cale's order, but before he left he felt the need to remind them of one thing. "I understand. By the way, Young Master— Young Mistress—, you do remember that you have to visit the palace the day after tomorrow, right?"

Before the King would announce the start of the Festival in the Plaza, the Nobles were invited to meet with the Crown Prince a few days before. It was not a feast, nor a serious meeting, but something in between. It would take place in the Wing of the Palace where serious meetings took place, but there would be food for everyone. It was a Banquet, in essence.

Adara, remembering that this would be Taylor and Cage's big entrance, thought about them yet again. I hope they are doing well, she thought. She knew what it was like to make a big entrance. The Abandoned Son of Marquis Stan and the Crazy Priestess. With all the help we gave them, they are probably doing very well.

At the back of her neck, she felt a chill caressing her. She waved the chilled hand away, the feeling dissipating as well. Of course, cannot think of his other favourite child without being cold.

So she moved her thoughts to the Banquet. She knew Venion would be there, as would Neo Tolz. She wanted to bash both of their heads into a wall, but she wouldn't. Not physically.

And though Eric had asked her to be quiet, as had Amiru, she would need to deal with Venion or he would become more irritating. But it seemed she'd have to disguise her words into something more flowery than her usual blunt insults.

Thinking of Eric and Amiru, she looked at the table in front of her. There was a letter from both Eric and Amiru laying there, both of them addressed to the other Young Noble. Eric sent Cale a letter a day, the undertones in a clear worried tone. Amiru sent a letter every two days, her letters more carefully worded, one of them had the pretext of asking her how her Family was since she had no instance to ask at the Meeting.

Adara had wanted to burn the letter when it brought up her Family, the anger in her too great. But she didn't. She answered the letter with as much politeness as she could muster, though her answer was short. That was the only indication she gave to Amiru to not ask about her Family again.

Unnie would not have asked about my Family, Adara thought, comparing the two she named Unnie. Unnie knew about my Family. She knew not to ask. But Layla was a servant who cared for Adara, while Amiru was a Noble Lady who only heard about Adara's Family through rumours. I guess the comparison is not fair.

Ron broke her out of her thoughts. "Then I will make sure to have them wrap up a bottle of our best alcohol."

Cale nodded. "Good."

Ron left without another word.

Hong started tapping her stomach with his paw.

Her attention turned to him. "Yes?"