14

Taylor had her arm draped over Rachel's shoulder as they walked down the hall. "Did you ever press charges or find out who broke into your car?" Rachel asked. "No. I just told my parents it must have just been some asshole who came by and broke it." Taylor replied. "That's it? You aren't even curious to know who did it?" Rachel questioned. Taylor knew who did it but she wasn't going to say anything. Especially not anything that would make anyone suspicious about her and Genevieve.

"That's it? You're just going to leave it at that?" Rachel questioned. "It's being taken care of it doesn't matter anymore." Taylor shrugged. She glanced ahead and saw Genevieve walking ahead in the opposite direction. Taylor silently stared as she was approaching. Genevieve caught her stare and gave her a faint smile and continued walking.

Taylor softly smiled to herself and continued walking. "So are we going out tonight?" Rachel asked. "I can't." Taylor replied. "Why not?" She asked as they stopped by Rachel's locker. "I have to study." Taylor shrugged. "I can't come and study with you?" Rachel asked. "If you came over we wouldn't be studying." Taylor replied. "Is that so bad?" Rachel smirked. "When I can't focus on my studies, yes." Taylor replied. "It's just one night." Rachel said hoping that Taylor would give in.

"Next time." Taylor shrugged. Rachel looked at her confused, "You never tell me no when I ask to hook up for a night." Rachel replied. "It's not exactly a no. It's just an I'm busy." Taylor shrugged. "We've hooked up the days before you had exams why is tonight different?" Rachel questioned. "Why do you have to ask so many questions when I've already told you that I can't?" Taylor asked annoyed. "Why are you dodging the question?" Rachel asked.

"I'm not! I already told you I'm studying, Rachel. Damn." Taylor said annoyed and walked off. Rachel watched her walk away and rolled her eyes.

--

Genevieve entered the auditorium and saw Bryan approaching her. "Where did you go?" He asked. "What?" She asked. He looked around and pulled her off somewhere private. "Where the hell did you go during winter formal? We couldn't find you anywhere and you haven't been answering my calls." Bryan asked.

"I wasn't feeling good and I went home." Genevieve shrugged. "You went home? Without even letting me know?" Bryan questioned. "I'm sorry you were busy with your stupid friends to even notice I was there." Genevieve replied. Bryan silently stared at her for a moment.

"Someone broke Taylor's car windows during the dance. You don't know anything about that?" He asked. Genevieve shrugged, "So?" She replied. "Practically everyone ran out to see what happened and the one person missing was you." Bryan replied. "Are you trying to accuse me of something?" Genevieve asked.

Bryan glanced down and noticed some cuts in Genevieve's hands and looked back up at her, "Is there something I should know?" He questioned. Genevieve scoffed, "Are you kidding right now? Fuck off." Genevieve glared and shoved past him.

--

Bryan had finished up practice and the Cheerleaders were already getting ready to leave. "Rachel!" He called out. Rachel glanced over at him and dismissed herself from her friends. "What's up?" She asked as he approached.

"You're seeing Taylor right?" He asked. "Yeah? Why?" She asked. "Did she tell you anything about what happened at formal?" He asked. "No. She just said she didn't care to press charges or know what happened." Rachel replied. Bryan looked off in thought.

"Has she been weird at all lately?" Bryan asked. Rachel thought back to the conversation they had earlier in the day. "We got into an argument when I asked her to hang out today after she said she needed to study. Which was weird because she's never told me no before." Rachel explained. "But why are you asking?"

"I think something is going on but I can't exactly confirm or say what. It's just a feeling." Bryan replied. "About?" Rachel asked. "I think Taylor and Genevieve have something going on but I can't prove it yet." Bryan replied. Rachel scoffed, "Please, everyone knows those two hate each other."

"I don't think they really do." Bryan replied. "Of course they do." Rachel replied. "Well isn't it weird the band geeks and theater nerds haven't been messing with each other lately?" Bryan asked. "That's because they got in trouble and almost got expelled." Rachel replied.

"Rachel be fucking serious right now. They haven't been messing with each other, Taylor's car windows got smashed by someone during the dance, and the one person missing was Genevieve." Bryan explained. Rachel stayed silent and tried not to think much of it. Partly because she hoped it wasn't true. "How the hell would you even know if anything is happening? Genevieve is dating you, they stopped fighting because they don't want to get in trouble, and no one knows who smashed Taylor's windows. Not even Taylor knows who did it." Rachel argued.

"Rachel. I saw cuts on Genevieve's hands. She didn't have those when we got to the dance. She disappeared and no one knew where she went. If they're seeing each other then obviously Taylor's probably just covering her ass." Bryan argued. Rachel shook her head, "I don't see it. Taylor and I've been seeing each other, if she really wanted Genevieve don't you think she would've been with her then?" Rachel argued.

"Whatever. Believe what you want but I'm telling you, something is going on." Bryan said as he walked off. Rachel watched him walk away and thought about it. She didn't want to believe it. Taylor was the one who wanted to get back together with her at the dance. So she couldn't believe Taylor would do something like that just to screw around with someone else. "No. It's not true." Rachel whispered to herself in reassurance.