64

The week has finally come.

Jungkook grabbed the scarf that Soojin had bought for him for New Year.

The memories of their first 'unintended' kiss on the night of New Year suddenly flashed back into his mind.

A slight grin appeared on his face as he reminisced the feel of her lips on his, before he was interrupted by a knock on his door.

He turned around as he sensed that someone just opened the door and made their way towards him.

"You're ready?" Narae asked, picking up his duffel bag from his bed.

"Yeah," he nodded.

Narae held his arm and guided him out of the room, closing the door behind them and walking towards the living room, where Junghyun was waiting alongside Geumie.

"Let's go," Junghyun said, as he put his hand on his brother's arm, switching with Narae. She then walked over to Geumie and grabbed the leash and the dog's bag of needs.

"Oh, wait," Jungkook prompted, stopping in his way. "Did you get Geumie's favorite plushie? Soojin bought that."

"Oh yes, I did. Don't worry," Narae confirmed, after making one last check in Geumie's bag for the mentioned plushie. "So... I'll just head home, send Geumie back to my place with my family, then I'll see you guys at the hospital."

Junghyun nodded in agreement. "Sure. See you later."

***

"You really got me a private room?" Jungkook pointed out, entering the spacious room that his brother had claimed to be a VIP room.

"Anything to make sure everything goes well for you," Junghyun smiled, guiding him towards the large bed.

Jungkook then sat down by the bedside and took off his jacket.

"You want anything?" his brother began to ask. "Food, drink?"

"I..." Jungkook paused for a moment there then his face softened, and by this Junghyun already knew what Jungkook was going to say.

"Can you get Soojin for me?" Jungkook uttered, almost inaudible as he lowered his head.

Junghyun let out a silent sigh, his shoulders slumped as he sat next to his brother.

"I... can't," he said. "I couldn't find her, no matter how hard I tried."

"But it doesn't make any sense to me," Jungkook groaned. "Next month, I won't be meeting her for two whole months because she won't be in this country! Hyung, I miss her so much! She's the reason why I wanted to do this!"

"Calm down. I'll try my best. But," Junghyun halted for a moment as he was patting Jungkook's back softly. "If this time I still can't find her, I won't be looking for her anymore, and then I want you to move on from her."

With that, Junghyun stood up and went over to the bedside table, and grabbed the clean hospital clothes wrapped hygienically in a polymer bag.

Junghyun smiled, knowing that he had chosen the perfect hospital to treat his brother.

He placed the bag on his brother's lap. "Here's your hospital clothes. I'm going to give you some time alone. You can just change it here, it's a private room anyway. I'll be back."

Hearing the way Jungkook sighed heavily, Junghyun knew that he had failed to fulfill one of his wishes.

He left the room and sighed as he leaned back against the wall next to the door. He clasped his hands together and closed his eyes as he whispered to himself.