24

Mrs. Woo pulled out one folder from the cabinet behind her and flipped it open.

As she made her way back to her desk, she placed the opened folder down and turned it around before showing it to Junghyun.

"Well, you never stated the end date, Junghyun-ssi. You told her that you'd hoped for her to stay longer, remember?" Mrs. Woo specified.

Junghyun looked at the document and began to read it as he scratched his head, feeling a bit awkward.

"Well, I was talking about not being like other caregivers, who only stayed for a short time. I wasn't expecting that Soojin-ssi got Jungkook under control," he nervously chuckled, then he looked back up at Mrs. Woo. "So, this means that I can still choose the date, right?"

"Yes. And you, Soojin," Mrs. Woo called out, now looking over at Soojin and asking, "when are you going to Paris?"

"In five months, a month earlier. The academy had contacted the international branch there for us to have additional training," Soojin answered.

"In five months..." Mrs. Woo tightened her lips, her fingers tapping against her table as she stared out of her office window. Then she turned back at both Soojin and Junghyun.

"How about February?"

Junghyun tilted his head a bit, then he nodded. "I will be back to stay permanently in Seoul starting from January. I think even in January, you will have less work since I'm here then you can practice more for the Paris event, Soojin-ssi," he said, looking over to Soojin, then he turned back at Mrs. Woo. "I think that's perfect."

February. That's... in three months.

Soojin fiddled with her fingers, somehow suddenly she was feeling all mixed up inside upon hearing the confirmed info.

That's good, she thought, but then, is it really good though? I haven't been that long with Jungkook.

"I have a suggestion, Junghyun-ssi," Mrs. Woo said, waking Soojin from her jumbled thoughts.

"We set it in February, but we let Soojin choose the date herself," Mrs. Woo added, glancing at Soojin, who looked a bit confused. "I just want to make sure that you have time to prepare for the competition, so maybe in the mid or end of the month?"

"Oh, that'll be fine. Thanks," Soojin nodded in agreement.

"So, everyone agreed," Mrs. Woo smiled then grabbed a pen from her drawer, and wrote down the end date of Min Soojin's service on one specific blank space, before passing it to Junghyun, telling him to finalize the document with his signature.

Soojin was asked to do the same too, and after she had signed, Mrs. Woo took the document back and finally completed the document with her sign.

"Well, then... Junghyun-ssi, can you wait for a moment? Soojin, I need to talk to you, just for a minute," Mrs. Woo said.

Junghyun nodded his head and left the room, giving privacy to both Soojin and Mrs. Woo in the room.

"Soojin, are you alright?" Mrs. Woo suddenly asked, crossing her arms as she leaned closer to Soojin.

"Huh?"

"Are you alright?" she repeated the question, now feeling concerned.

Soojin let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah... Why are you asking that?"

"Your face changed when I decided February to be your last."

Soojin's smile faltered.

Mrs. Woo noticed this, of course. She then stood up and walked around her table, sitting on the chair where Junghyun was sitting earlier.