21

TW: Self-harm is mentioned. Reader discretion is advised.

===========================================================================

Silence in the room, Jungkook muttered to himself a few words as he ran his fingers all over the Braille across the page of his book.

"Knock knock."

He stopped and turned his head to the left a bit as he could feel someone approaching him.

"Yoongi hyung," he called out, placing his bookmark in between the pages of his book and closing it.

Yoongi placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "Yep, I just want to inform you that I'll be leaving soon. I mean, the time is almost up."

"Oh. You're going to see her, right?" Jungkook suddenly asked.

"Who?"

"Soojin...ssi, I mean..."

"Ah, yes. Of course. I have to check on her too," Yoongi said.

And Jungkook only nodded in response.

Yoongi went silent for a moment, but then he decided to ask anyway. "Can I ask you something, Jungkook-ssi?"

"What is it?"

Yoongi tightened his lips and spoke again. "You with... Bunnyrika-"

"Erika, her real name," Jungkook interrupted. "It's... Erika Matsuyama."

"Um... Yeah, Erika. Why did she come back? I mean, you told me that she's your ex, so... Sorry, if you think I'm being nosy."

"Nah, it's fine. I don't even know why she's here," Jungkook sighed, scratching his head. "I know you're being a curious cat now, so... Would you like to hear the story?"

Yoongi shrugged his shoulders, then walked back to sit by the bedside, facing Jungkook who had been sitting on his chair by his study table.

"Well, I still have time so... I'm all ears," Yoongi said.

Jungkook cleared his throat before he started.

"Four years ago, when I began to lose my sight... I asked her to come here and stay with me, to take care of me. Because... I needed her."

He stopped there and heaved a trembling breath before he continued.

"I really needed her by my side. But she refused. Of course, we met before, I used to fly to Japan to see her, spend time with her but then... I don't understand why she wouldn't want to care for me when I started to..."

Jungkook stopped himself again, and this time Yoongi noticed his hand forming into a tight fist.

"I think this added another reason why you hate caregivers so much," Yoongi pointed out, nodding his head as he slipped his hands into his coat pocket. "You just want her to be the one who would take care of you, but..."

Jungkook nodded in agreement and went on with his story. "I tried to make up reasons to feel positive about it, to trust her when she said that she was busy with her job and streaming, all that. But... That one day changed my life, my whole personality..."

He let out a long, heavy sigh, shoulders slumping down as Yoongi watched him intently. "I guess you knew that both of us never really disclosed our relationship publicly, but then... A mutual friend caught her, with another man leaving a motel."

Yoongi blinked a few times, now crossing his arms over his chest. "Oh. I wasn't... expecting that."

"I broke up with her on the same day that I found out about it through a friend that had called me. Then after we broke up, Erika publicly announced her relationship with that guy. Then yesterday, she came... asking me to forgive her and promised to stay to take care of me..."