39

**Christmas Eve**

The sound of Soojin's heels against the marble floors echoed throughout the house as she made her way toward Jungkook's room.

She knocked on the door before entering the room. "Jungkook, are you done?"

"Yeah," Jungkook responded, clutching tight onto his coat as he stood by his bed.

He turned a bit towards where he thought he heard Soojin's voice just now, and uttered, "how do I look?"

She then grabbed his white cane that had been leaning against his bedside table and passed it to him.

"You look amazing," she smiled, patting his shoulder before guiding him out of his room.

"Really? I can only imagine, but I'm not sure if my imagination is what I actually look like."

"Well, let me describe it again," she giggled, facing him as they stopped right in the middle of the living room.

She then adjusted his muffler around his neck and straightened the collar of his coat.

"Long black coat, beige shirt, straight-cut jeans, and a royal blue muffler. With a pair of loafers in black color," she nodded.

He then grinned. "Hm... not bad. I looked good then."

"Of course, I picked it out for you."

"So basically, it's your taste in men's style."

Soojin rolled her eyes as she let out a sigh of annoyance, to which Jungkook just responded with a cheeky laugh.

"Shut up. Now let's go, a car is waiting outside. My parents got it for us."

*****

Jungkook kept his grip on Soojin's arm tight as they kept on walking down the path towards the auditorium hall, where the Christmas Eve party was held.

"Can you hear that? It's so lively there," Soojin softly said, smiling as she placed her hand on his, nearing the entrance.

"If only I can see how lovely the surrounding looks," he murmured, stopping in his tracks right outside the opened doors.

"Hey, you'll have fun," she chuckled, fixing his hair a bit before suddenly they heard barking from a distance.

Both of them turned to the sound which was from inside the hall. Then they smiled.

"Geumie!" Jungkook called out and immediately crouched down as he waited for the dog to run toward him.

The familiar feeling of Geumie came back to him as he felt her in his arms again, happily barking as they reunited.

"Yes, I missed you too! Have you been a good girl here?" he laughed, as he ran his hands through her golden fur, getting a single bark from the dog as if a response to his question earlier.

"She's lovely, for sure. We love her."

Jungkook was a bit startled at the voice that he didn't recognize.

But Soojin did.

She giggled at the sight of a few elders that were a part of the community at Aneila, approaching her in their wheelchairs.

"Ah, everyone. This is Jeon Jungkook. I'm taking care of him," she introduced Jungkook to them.

"Oh, he's that special boy," one of the elders pointed out.