29

Soojin groaned, pulling out one of her earbuds and slamming her pencil on top of her notebook.

She stared at one verse of the song lyric she was working on and scribbled out the whole verse.

She let out a heavy sigh and poured herself another glass of ice water. After taking in a few gulps, she glanced over to the living room, only to just realize that Jungkook was facing her while Geumie was in his arms.

"What are you looking at- Sorry, I... I didn't mean to-"

"What makes you mad like that, Soojin?" he cut her off, standing up and as he began to walk towards her, Soojin immediately rushed over to him and grabbed his arms, guiding him to the kitchen counter, where she was working with her piano stuff.

As she guided him to a seat, he immediately asked her. "What's gotten into you these days? You've been mad like... since a few chapters ago?"

Soojin stared at his face, and she knew how concerned he was.

And she wasn't denying the fact that he cared about her made her feel warm and fuzzy too.

Just like Yoongi's kisses last night.

She sat down next to him. "There are... so many things happening right now. I just... can't..."

"I'm all ears," he uttered softly, moving closer to her.

"Last night's dinner..." Soojin began. "We met Mama Woo's older sister and niece, Park Daeun, whom we both know. And I hate her."

"Why?"

"She's a self-entitled princess! When we were young, she stole my pin badge Yoongi gave me because she wanted it! Because of Yoongi! Now that she's an adult, she acts all innocent and shy in front of him, and clearly, I was there too! Like... What am I? An idiot sandwich?"

Soojin took a deep breath after the long outrage, and she felt a hand on her back, patting her calmly, as she continued.

"And now, Mama Woo... She just matches up Yoongi with someone like that. At least, she should ask Yoongi oppa if he has a girlfriend."

"So... you're jealous?" Jungkook asked.

"Not really, it's just... She's a brat. I dislike her-"

"Wait, what do you mean 'not really'?" he asked, brows furrowed upon hearing the answer. "I thought both of you had mutual feelings..."

Soojin went silent. She began to bite her lower lip, feeling anxious.

"I... Can I tell you something, but don't tell it to anyone else, especially Yoongi?" she requested.

Jungkook simply nodded at her request then he asked, "What is it?"

"There was one night, both of us were already aware that I would try to develop this love feeling for him. I told him that I would learn to love him. But... the love that I had for him is just..."

She paused and took a deep breath before she continued.

"The same one I've been having for him since I first met him. I tried everything to spark the feeling in me. I kissed him to spark it up, but... I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have agreed to have this relationship with him."

"No, don't regret it," Jungkook said, grabbing her hand. "You're still trying, right? After all, you guys just had this relationship like, how long... Almost a month?"

"I just don't want him to blame himself if we don't work out."

"Hey, stop thinking about that for a moment. Don't overthink it for a minute or two and take another deep breath."