35

Yoongi grabbed the banana milk and iced Americano from the counter after paying and went to the corner of the convenience store, where Jungkook was waiting for his ramyeon to cook.

"Here you go," Yoongi said, placing the banana milk next to Jungkook.

He took the seat across from Jungkook and began to stir around his ramyeon as he looked out of the glass window.

"Yoongi hyung, is she okay?" he suddenly asked, opening his banana milk.

"She is, don't worry."

"If she's really okay, shouldn't she be here now, taking care of me? Not that I dislike you but... aren't you busy too?"

Yoongi scoffed. "Well, thankfully it's not a busy week, so I don't have so many jobs at the moment. I told you that she's spending time with her family."

Jungkook let out a soft sigh, as he began to stir his ramyeon around.

"I couldn't imagine being her at all. Living for years, with thoughts that your parents aren't around anymore, and then suddenly, years later..." Jungkook paused as he shook his head. "She's a tough one."

"She is, indeed. That's what I like about her, don't you too?"

Jungkook was about to take his first bite, but the sudden question from Yoongi made him pause for a moment there.

"I..." he began to mumble, but Yoongi only chuckled at him.

"Don't worry, I know you like her. It's not that hard to like her. Who wouldn't?"

Jungkook cleared his throat, before finally taking the first bite of his meal. Yoongi smirked, as he picked up a piece of kimchi from the small container in front of him.

"How long has it been... you two?" Jungkook suddenly asked.

"Well, not long. Almost a month?" Yoongi replied, taking another piece of kimchi before he placed it in his ramyeon and took a bite with it.

He glanced at Jungkook, watching the young one as he was trying to get himself a piece of the kimchi too.

Yoongi picked up a large piece and placed it in his bowl, and said; "I put a piece in your bowl, and I have something to ask you. I want you to be honest with me."

"W-What is it?" Jungkook muttered.

"You do like her, right?"

"Hyung-"

"Just answer me, honestly. Don't worry about my feelings whatsoever."

Yoongi watched him as he blankly stared down at the table for a while.

"But why are you asking me that?" he then asked, taking quite a big bite of his noodles and slurping it in.

"If she and I aren't meant to be together, I want her to be with you."

Jungkook choked at the very end of the slurp. Yoongi quickly passed him his milk and he gradually took a few sips to calm himself down.

Jungkook quietly gasped for air, before he began. "That's impossible. Even though I like her, it won't be the same if we have no mutual feelings-"

"WE, too, have no mutual feelings, Jungkook," Yoongi interrupted. "Me and Soojin."

When Jungkook didn't say anything afterward, Yoongi sighed.

"The only mutual thing we have is the sibling love that we have for each other," he eventually added, clarifying the truth to him.

"That means, to her... I'm her brother. So as her brother, I'm telling you that," he paused for a moment there and repeated himself, "I want her to be with you."