60

The sky grumbled. As if sensing the tension between the two of them, staring at each other in silence.

Soojin felt empty, having a blank mind after hearing him.

"Are you saying," she trembled, a tear escaped her eye as she went on, "that I killed your parents, and now you're afraid I'll kill your brother?"

His gaze became more intense as he kept on staring at her as if trying to intimidate her. She knew what he was doing, but she unknowingly took the bait.

"What happened that night was called an 'accident' because it WAS an accident!" she snapped.

"Are you admitting that it was you?" he asked.

Soojin took a quick breath. "Do you believe... that it was me?"

"It doesn't make sense if it was truly you. It doesn't make sense that it was a coincidence!" Junghyun fumed, shaking his head as his breath was staggering. "You suddenly appeared in his life again, and none of it made sense! Then suddenly, he wanted to be with you all the time!"

"Get back to your senses, I'm his caregiver!" she retorted, her fear turned to anger instantly.

It was clear that the emotion between them was mutual anger, Soojin took this as her sign.

"You know what? Since we're at this point now..."

Soojin took a deep breath, preparing herself for what was coming from this heated moment with Junghyun, and her future.

She knew that things would go the other way from what she had wished.

To be with Jungkook for the rest of her life.

This is it.

"Yes, it was me. I was the one who caused the accident," Soojin finally revealed.

Junghyun's eyes widened at the revelation, even more anger could be seen through his eyes, but Soojin went on anyway.

"I was the one that Jungkook tried to avoid. I was also the one he saw in his dream," she admitted, sighing at the end; a sign of relief.

She could feel her shoulders slumping down, the tension in her finally relaxed, and she finally could take a slow, steady pace of breath.

"No," Junghyun suddenly uttered, shaking his head again. "No, Soojin-ssi. It can't be you-"

"Four years ago," she cut him off. He remained silent, letting her continue. "May 15th. Insadong. 11:45 pm. Red car, 0109."

"How... did you know?"

"Because I was there. I was that girl on the mint-colored bicycle that Jungkook tried to avoid. My school bullies were after me. I had to pedal hard, so I left that alley without looking out at the road first."

The disgust was evident on his face, and she could feel his hatred for her right now.

"Junghyun-ssi, I am truly sorry for what I've done-"

"So you always know about this?" he spat, stepping back. "Is this why you accepted the job to care for my brother?"

Soojin furrowed her brows. "No."

"Is this the reason why you wanted to take care of him? You thought by caring for him, you are forgiven for what you have done to our parents?"

"No! I never meant to, it was all coincidence. Also, you were the one who came to my place, and sought my help!" she reminded him, disbelief as she heard his accusation. "I never knew that our past connected until that one time when I helped Jungkook to remember about the accident. I swear to God, I wasn't thinking straight that night, I just wanted to save myself-"