19

"Hm..."

Jungkook softly hummed as he stirred around under his blanket.

But as he felt warmth around him, he could only guess that the curtains in his room had been pushed aside to let the sunshine into the room.

He sat up and began to take off his oxygen mask, only to realize that there was someone right beside him on the bed.

But not Soojin, for sure.

"Rise and shine, Jungkook ah."

"Whoa!" he jolted, immediately snapping his head to where the familiar voice came from. "Yoongi hyung?"

"Yep," Yoongi chuckled, taking the oxygen mask and its portable set, tidying everything up.

"What are you doing here? When did you get here? Where's Soojin... ssi?"

"She's preparing your breakfast," Yoongi replied, taking off every used gel patch on the young one's body as he began to tell him. "I had to tell you, I stayed here last night, looking over you."

"What?"

"I know, I know... I'm not your caregiver, but I know that both of us wanted her to get enough sleep."

Jungkook went quiet for a moment before he asked; "What do you mean?"

"She... had a breakdown last night. That means she's stressed. With her music thing and caregiver job, sometimes she worked past her limits," Yoongi explained as he pulled off the last patch and noticed Jungkook's gloomy expression.

"I don't mean that taking care of you is a burden to her, because she loves her caregiving job so much. I once asked her that maybe she could choose between her music or this."

"If she's tired, why is she making breakfast now? She should've gotten more sleep," Jungkook grumbled, letting out a heavy sigh.

"It's her caregiver routine," Yoongi chuckled, softly grabbing the younger's arm, and helping him to the edge of the bed. "Come on now, get up and take a shower. Do you need help or..."

"It's okay. I can bring myself to the bathroom. I'm fine if it's in my room," Jungkook smiled, while he put up his hands to feel for any obstructions in his way.

Meanwhile, Yoongi began to tidy the bed and the supplies into the basket as he kept glancing over at Jungkook, making sure that he did get into the bathroom safely.

Yoongi then slowly walked to the bathroom when Jungkook was undressing, and he couldn't help but ask.

"Anyway... Did you... talk with her?" Yoongi mumbled.

Jungkook halted, turning his head to the right a bit, where he thought he heard Yoongi's voice and asked back. "About... what?"

"Just... anything? Maybe about... me?"

Jungkook went silent for a moment, then he let out a long sigh. "If you guys are officially together, congratulations. But... did she tell you that..."

Jungkook paused for a moment and added, "if you guys... didn't..."

"Ah... yeah, and we agreed on it," Yoongi nodded, patting the young one's arm as he smiled. "And... I wanna say thanks to you. If there's anything you want or need, just tell me. I'll get it for you."

If I want...

Jungkook let out a nervous chuckle as he scratched his neck. "Sure... I'll tell you."

*

Jungkook slowly placed his glass back onto the counter, and the silence was still there among the three of them as they were having breakfast.