44

**Days Later**

Should I really tell him... but...

He's going to do the surgery and will see me, then... he might recognize me straight away, and then...

"Soojin?"

He'll hate me.

"Soojin, are you there?"

Soojin snapped out of her trance and looked over to Jungkook, who had been sitting beside her with a concerned look.

"O-Oh, y-yes," she stammered, in response to his call.

Jungkook then moved closer to her, and whispered, "hey, are you alright?"

"Yes." She nodded. "Yes, absolutely fine."

She let out a long silent sigh as she leaned back against their usual park bench, trying to keep herself calm.

Though the hill park in the Seongbuk residence was covered in snow, it won't stop people from coming here, especially younger ones.

It was quite a rare sight since the residence was quite a private area, but the park was still accessible to the public. Even on normal days, only a few people could be seen in the park.

The city view from this hill is quite romantic though... No wonder the younger ones come here during winter, Soojin thought to herself.

Suddenly Jungkook cleared his throat, getting her attention back on him.

"I was... talking about my brother..."

"Oh, yes, your brother." Soojin scratched her head. "What did he say?"

"He'll be back, finally, next Monday," he said, smiling.

"Wow. Time flies fast," she uttered, looking at the sky as she let out a sigh. "It feels like Yoongi just left me yesterday when actually it was three days ago."

"How is he doing now?"

"Fine. He said that New York is such a big city with millions of people. The music academy he's working in is amazing. He sent me photos of it, and he even has a big office! I'm so jealous of him!"

"Why?" Jungkook chuckled.

"Well, I've always wanted to go to New York!"

"You'll get there soon, trust me," he chortled. "Because now, I can't wait for that New Year dinner," he mentioned.

Soojin's eyes widened.

Shoot, I've forgotten about that dinner!

She let out a weak laugh. "Y-Yeah, that's," she paused and pulled out her phone to check the calendar. "Oh, it's tomorrow?"

Jungkook slightly turned to her, his forehead creased in confusion. "Yeah, it's tomorrow. Soojin, you seem... off these days. Did something happen, recently?"

"Apart from Yoongi oppa's departure." She shook her head. "Nope. Nothing at all."

He huffed, still feeling a bit suspicious of her behavior.

He changed the subject. "How's your song? Did you finish it?"

"Yup. And it's perfect."

"Alright. When will I get to hear it?"

She giggled. "Well, come to Paris and listen to it yourself."

"Hey, I created the chords. I have the right to listen to it before the world does."