8

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes, tomorrow. I..." Soojin sighed, biting into her nails. "I don't want to leave him alone in the house, after his anxiety attack earlier."

"Well, that's your duty as a caregiver, isn't it? Okay, after this, I'm going to see Mama Woo and get your things, then I'll be there in the early morning with your clean uniform."

"Oh, thank you so much, Yoongi oppa. You're such a great friend!"

She could hear him chuckling at the other end of the phone as he whispered, "I prefer 'boyfriend'."

"Shut up," she scoffed, walking over to the sink and placing her mug down.

"Kidding. So, do you want anything for your breakfast tomorrow? I can get you something."

"Hm... Anything that you would grab for me, but take an extra. I still need to feed Jungkook."

"Alright."

After exchanging their night wishes, Soojin ended the call and washed the mug she had used. After placing it onto the drying rack, she wiped her hands clean as she made her way towards Jungkook's bedroom.

She knocked on the door a few times and peeked her head in-between the door and its frame.

"Hey," she called out, and stepped inside the room, approaching Jungkook on the bed. "How are you feeling now?"

"I'm fine now," he muttered, sitting up against the headboard.

"Does... your brother... know?" she asked, but he only shook his head. "Why did you never tell him?"

"I don't want to worry him."

"But you should."

"He might neglect his business to take care of me, and I don't want him to do that."

She sighed and sat down next to him by the bedside. "If you guys have a proper talk, maybe he won't. Just... it's better to let him know about it. Then you can see a doctor, and the doctor will give you medications that can help you."

He let out a grunt and began to pull his blanket closer to him. "I'm tired."

"Ah, okay. I'll just... let you rest for the rest of the evening," Soojin smiled, standing up and letting him lay back on his bed.

"You know what? We made progress," she chuckled, as she took out a new water bottle from the drawer of the bedside table and placed it on top of the table.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked, his face was expressionless as she watched him.

"You're starting to be more open with me."

"No, I'm not," he mumbled.

"You've been lonely for a very long time, am I wrong? You needed someone to talk with. And once you're comfortable with that person, you are ready to be more open by showing me a room that you hadn't been into for years."

He turned his head to the left, where he knew she was standing. Soojin smiled and extended her arm towards him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"I just wanted to hear you play the piano because I... I really missed my mom."

"I can play them whenever you want me to. How's that? But, promise me that you WILL tell your brother in the morning about your anxiety. If you want, I'll help you out."

He tilted his head up, and she watched his unmoving pupils staring straight into hers as if he wasn't blind at all.

"Really?" he whispered.