26

= Two days later =

"Hey, you haven't had a bite," Junghyun said, noticing the fact that Jungkook hasn't taken a bite of his pancakes.

"I'm just... I don't have the appetite," Jungkook sighed, placing his fork down after poking the pancakes with it.

His brother sighed as he took the seat next to him. "Hey, you haven't eaten properly since yesterday. She told you that she'll take care of Geumie, right?"

Jungkook shook his head. "I'm fine with that. It's just..."

"Don't worry. I gave her these days off, she'll be back the day after tomorrow."

"Hyung, when is her last?"

"Oh, she hasn't told you?" Junghyun asked, taking sips of his coffee before setting down the mug. "February next year. I'll be back working in Seoul in January, but I give her another month before she's going to France."

Jungkook crinkled his brows. "France?"

"I thought you knew she needed to be in France in May next year?"

"I do, but... It seems so sudden."

Suddenly the doorbell rang, interrupting their morning talk.

"Oh, I'll get the door," Junghyun said, getting down from his seat and rushing to the door.

Jungkook huffed and looked for his fork again, and once he found it, he cut a small piece of the pancakes when he suddenly heard his brother:

"Oh. Get in."

Then the sound of barking resonated through the house. Jungkook turned to the sound as he got off his seat, crouched down while extending his arms around him, then he felt Geumie.

The dog barked again as he hugged her tight. "Oh, I missed you so much, Geumie! Did you miss me too?"

Then suddenly he felt a presence in front of him.

"Soojin?" he called out, hoping his guess was right.

But no.

"Um, Yoongi... actually," Yoongi said, looking over to Junghyun behind him.

"Oh. Where's... Soojin?"

"She had to be in the academy to practice her piano playing again. She hadn't been doing it properly these days, and she needed to before May. And... I had to talk to her to give Geumie back to you since... you needed her the most."

Jungkook let out a soft sigh as he brushed through Geumie's fur with his fingers.

"She'll be back, right?" he asked.

"She will. Don't worry. She'll be here on Monday," Yoongi chuckled, patting Jungkook's shoulder softly to reassure him. "Well, I guess there's nothing else, so... I better get going now. I need to check on her too."

"Alright. Thank you, Yoongi-ssi, for sending Geumie back here," Junghyun thanked.

"No problem at all," Yoongi smiled, exchanging handshakes between all three of them.

Yoongi then left the house and got back into his car, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Told ya he really needs the dog," he snickered, looking over to the front passenger seat on his right.

"Oh, I felt so bad for doing that," Soojin muttered, staring down at her fingers.

"Hey, it's fine," he softly whispered, patting her head, and caressing her hair.

"How is he?"

His hand abruptly stopped when she suddenly asked him the most expected question from her.