49

Jungkook looked around.

I can see?

He blinked his eyes a few times again, then realized that he was standing in a corner of a room.

A patient's room, to be precise.

Why am I here?

He looked around again, this time he saw two people sitting on a hospital bed in a room.

The two people were facing each other, talking but he couldn't hear a thing that he could understand.

It was as if everything was hazy to him.

He took one step closer, and another. Then stopped once he realized that he recognized one of the people.

That's me.

He looked over to the other one, and his brows furrowed.

Then who are you?

A girl that he had never seen before.

Jungkook rubbed his eyes a few times as the image of the girl began to blur, making it hard for him to recognize her.

He looked over to himself again, only to notice the tears running down his cheeks as he reached out to the girl's arms, grabbing them tight.

Then the girl suddenly stood up and left the room.

Jungkook now watched as his other self stumbled to the floor, crying and trying to stand up to run after her.

He turned back to the girl and began to run toward her. As he got closer, he reached out his hand to her, but as soon as his fingertip touched her shoulder, the scene changed.

He looked around and instantly recognized the place.

The accident from that night, but this time Jungkook got to witness this moment from a different angle.

Though anxious, he stood there in silence, then suddenly he saw headlights far away from him.

He recognized the car instantly, and as the vehicle moved closer to him, he recognized the people in the car.

Him and his family.

He wanted to run, but he couldn't. As if he was forced to re-watch the most terrifying moment in his whole life.

Then he heard rattling sounds from his left.

He turned his head and there was a dark alley and a shadow of someone running.

No, someone on a bicycle.

He waited, then soon he saw that someone, with cuts and bruises all over her face and body, crying hard while pedaling fast on her bicycle, rushing towards his direction.

At this moment, he looked back at the car and saw the quick moment when his hood covered his sight.

So that girl...

=======

Jungkook coughed, gasping for air, and sweating in his pajamas.

He immediately sat up, catching his breath, feeling a bit lightheaded from the sudden blood rush into his head.

He put his hands on his head as he tried to calm himself, but his heart kept pounding fast.