43

**Two days later**

"You have everything? Your passport? Your flight ticket? Your documents? Your offer letter? Your money?"

Yoongi nodded, patting his sling bag. "Yes, Mama Woo. You've been asking that multiple times now."

Mrs. Woo sighed, her shoulders slumped. "Well, I'm just... worried. It's our first time being apart for a very, very long time."

"I thought you were already used to me being away ever since I moved out."

"That's different. Even though you moved out of Aneila, you were still in the country. But this... you're in New York. Alone."

Yoongi smiled as he grabbed both of her hands, kissing them. "I will be always calling you when I have the time, okay? Every day, I'll call you."

Mrs. Woo nodded, then a single tear came down her cheek. Yoongi reached his hand out to her, wiping the tears away.

"Hey, don't cry," he whispered, comforting her.

"How could I not? I cared for you ever since you were a baby. To me, you are my real son," she sniffed, taking out her crumpled tissues and dabbing them on her eyes before she continued. "Others called you my 'golden child' because I cared for you more, but they never knew how much more important you are to me than anything else in this world."

She put both her hands on his cheeks, smiling through her tears.

"My best friend," she spoke, her eyes staring dearly into his as she went on, "your mother... She was like my older sister. Before she died, she gave you to me because she knew how much I wanted a child despite not being able to have one."

"Thanks to her, I'm under the care of an angel," Yoongi chuckled, taking both of her hands and putting them on his chest. "And that angel's name is Woo Minshi. Thanks to you too, I am a grown man now..."

He took a pause there, and with a smirk, he called out, "mom."

"Oh, Yoongi," Mrs. Woo groaned, opening her arms and giving him a tight hug as she cried on his shoulders.

"I love you," she whispered.

"Love you too, mom. Oh."

"What?" Mrs. Woo as soon as she pulled away from him.

Yoongi pointed his finger behind her and as she turned around, Soojin was running hastily towards them with her right arm in the air.

As she reached them, she put up a finger at them as she tried to catch her breath.

"Thank goodness, I made it!" Soojin claimed, chortled.

"Yeah, right. My gate will open anytime soon," Yoongi smirked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Hey, at least I'm here!"

"You're alone?"

"Yeah. Jungkook is at home, his brother is currently here, so I got to come here, to... see you go."

Yoongi looked for a while before he began to ask, "you're really not going to tell him?"

Soojin shook her head. "Will never tell."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Besides, I think the timing is right. My contract ends, and I most probably won't be seeing him again because I'm busy with training, which means I will distance myself from him. Thus, slowly, I will make him forget about me."

"I don't think that is possible."

"I will make it possible."

"Well, that's Min Soojin," Mrs. Woo added. "And um... how about your place, Yoongi?"