47

"You looked so handsome tonight, Jungkookie oppa."

Jungkook moved his arm as he felt Erika's hand gently gripping his arm. He cleared his throat as he adjusted his seat.

"Soojin got them for me," he simply said.

Erika rolled her eyes. "Oh. How nice of her," she jeered, glancing over her shoulder, right at Soojin who was sitting away with some random guys.

Erika moved her chair a bit closer to him. She took a deep breath and asked him, "so, you're going to do the eye surgery?"

"Yes," he replied.

"Great. Then, I'm going to stay with you until you're fully recovered."

Jungkook snorted and he turned a bit toward her. "You don't have to. My brother will be with me."

She let out a heavy grunt and grabbed his hand, lacing her fingers with his.

"I'm serious about getting back together with you. I really want to be with you again. I love you, oppa," she confessed.

He shook his head. "I had left all of our past behind me, all of it. I'm not looking back anymore."

"So, you're going forward, with her in your sight?"

Jungkook paused and yanked his hand from her grip. Then he simply replied, "Yes."

She went quiet. She stared at him, fists tightened as her jaw clenched.

She turned and slammed her hand on the table, but not loud enough to get others' attention.

Just enough to make Jungkook know how disappointed she is now.

"No, she's just a caregiver. She's not the right one for you," she hissed, taking a few sips of her champagne.

"Tell me which part of her job isn't right for me?" Jungkook sneered. "She takes care of me when I'm in this situation."

Erika crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back in her chair. "I'm taking you out to have a nice dinner with you. Not to argue with you."

"Alright then. Let's not talk anymore and get the night over quickly," he nodded and relaxed his body in the chair.

It was a moment of silence between the two ex-lovers. Every pair that were celebrating the New Year with their significant others were having chats all around them, except them.

Though all he did was just sit there, he couldn't help but imagine Erika was looking away from him, with her chin on her hand, feeling frustrated with him.

After all, she was his ex-girlfriend.

He then heard her sniffling softly, and a tiny bit of guilt began to present in him.

Jungkook then cleared his throat, and Erika glanced at him.

"Are you still playing games?" he softly asked.

She smiled, wiping away her tears, and nodded eagerly.

"Yup, I am," she said. "I gotta say, I missed us playing co-op games. Don't you miss gaming too?"

He sighed and tilted his head. "Yeah. When I get my sight back, I might be back on gaming, but I have to limit myself."

"Of course. Someone needs to keep watching over you. You can get lost in time while gaming. I remember that I have to keep reminding you to stop gaming so you can have enough sleep."

He just smiled and nodded.

She's giggling.

Suddenly his heart skipped a beat. Anxiety began to fill him, but he managed to control himself from having an anxiety attack.