36

**Next Morning**

After hoisting his backpack on, Yoongi grabbed his keys from his coffee table in the middle of the living room and went straight to the front door, ready to leave for work.

He put on his slip-on sneakers and reached out for the doorknob.

He pushed it open and froze on the spot as he found Soojin leaning against the glass wall in front of him, with her arms crossed, looking right at him.

"Oh, you're here-"

Suddenly, Soojin moved closer to him and caught him off-guard as she kissed him.

Without breaking the kiss, she pushed him back into his house, making him stumbled backward and suddenly find himself leaning back against his counter.

He became lost for a moment there but as he regained his control, he grabbed her waist and turned her around, lifting her onto the counter.

Giggling, he leaned closer to her.

"When the small one is trying to be the tough one against the big one. What has gotten into you, girlfriend?" he hummed, trying to make eye contact with her as she kept on avoiding him.

"Nothing," she replied, fiddling with her fingers.

"Oh, really?"

"Really. Nothing."

She kept her head low, staring down at her fingers, while Yoongi watched her being suddenly quiet.

By the look of her expression, he knew what was bothering her.

He slipped his hand to the back of her head and let his thumb softly caress her cheek. He made her look at him, and he smiled.

He leaned closer and kissed her gently, making her feel all fuzzy and warm inside, and calmed down a bit.

"I know that you're feeling anxious because of last night," he whispered against her lips, giving it another light peck before he continued. "But you don't have to force yourself. I told you before, right? It's okay if you can't feel the love between us."

Soojin sighed. "Why did you suddenly ask me that? It's making me feel insecure. It's making me feel... guilty?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"No, no, no, don't be," she softly said, shaking her head.

She placed her head on his shoulder, and his arms went around her body, enveloping her in a warm hug.

"Take a deep breath and let's sit on the couch. It's even warmer there than the counter."

"Urgh, you're right," she grunted, getting herself off of the counter and straightening her jeans. "I forgot that you have a marble-top counter. My butt is freezing!"

He chuckled. "Want me to warm it up? You know, some friction will do."

Soojin looked at him with a contorted face. "What the fuck?"

"You know I do these kinds of jokes as well," he laughed, sitting on the couch followed by her.

He glanced at her, noticing her stiffened posture, looking anxious. She then turned to him slowly, biting her lips.

"Now why are you looking at me like that?" he asked, a bit concerned at her oddness.

"I... don't know. It's just..."

As her words faded away, he realized that his old dirty jokes might affect her differently now, unlike in the past.

He exhaled and scooted closer to her, grabbing her hands in his.