Chapter 130: The Last Killer (4)

The red light at the door of the operating room was still on when Rob woke up after dozing off. He rubbed his face vigorously a few times with his palm and turned his head to look at his partner who was next to him.

The black-haired agent was sitting on the bench in the corridor, his gaze fixed on the opposite white wall, as if in deep thought. Rob noticed that his posture hadn't changed at all since he sat down earlier.

He hesitated a little, and said, "I'm kinda hungry. I'll go buy something to eat."

Leo nodded slightly.

Rob couldn't wait to get up and leave-although he had always been good at livening up the atmosphere, the current situation shook his heart badly so he had no energy to be active at all.

Shortly after he left, the green light at the entrance of the operating room lit up, and several medical staff took off their masks and walked out, exhausted. Leo immediately bounced up and approached them, then asked, "How is he?"

The middle-aged doctor in the lead replied, "The operation went well. The bullet caused a penetrating trauma on his chest which injured the upper lobe of the left lung but fortunately it missed his heart."

"Will he recover?"

"The human lung function has a strong compensatory ability, and the impact on the body after it heals shouldn't be too significant, but the patient is required to have a postoperative recovery period of more than three months."

Leo felt his chest muscles, which had been cramping for several hours, finally stretch out and he exhaled dryly.

The doctor saw that his pale face was finally returning some color, and added comfortingly, " Don't worry. In future, at most, he won't be able to run 20km, lift a heavy weight, or go participate in fighting competitions and the likes. There will be no problem in his daily work and life."

Sha Qing's "daily work and life" was much more intense than fighting competitions, will it affect his skills to some extent? A person who values strength would find this kind of thing hard to accept ...... While feeling heartbroken and regretful, a hint of untimely happiness welled up in Leo's heart, But maybe because of this, he'll cherish his life more-he'll reign-in his hobby of living his life like he's walking on a tightrope, and will reform himself from now on.

The patient, still under anesthesia, was wheeled out. Leo pushed down the confusing thoughts in his head and followed the medical staff to the intensive care unit.

According to the doctor, he would wake up within 24 hours.

But 24 hours passed.

And 48 hours...

Then 72 hours...

Sha Qing didn't wake up.

Leo asked the attending doctor with furrowed brows, but the latter couldn't explain the reason. The doctor only emphasized that the operation itself was successful and that there were no abnormalities in the physiological indicators from the examination report.

"Then why is he still unconscious? Is there something wrong with the treatment?" Leo pursued, his tone somewhat aggressive.

The attending doctor frowned due to his impoliteness, but was unwilling to engage in a conflict with a law enforcement officer who seemed to have not slept for three days. Instead, it was the young resident who responded, "Of course, treatment is important, but the patient's own will to survive is also crucial. If the patient himself is unwilling to wake up, his physiological mechanisms, which are also controlled by his subconscious mind, will be affected and it can lead to a coma."