Chapter 67: An Ad Hoc Agreement (1)

The orange figure was visible in the scope.

It was a thin red-haired boy, no more than twenty at most, leaning against a group of banana trees. He was grimacing as he nibbled on an unripe wild banana without noticing that he was within range of a hunter.

Leo put down his double barrel shotgun and told the bodyguard who was driving the car, "Let's go."

The bodyguard hesitated and couldn't help but ask, "Mr. Yang, you've already spared three human-animals along the way, and you haven't fired a single shot since yesterday. Don't you like this kind of hunting activity?"

Leo glanced at him warningly and replied in a displeased haughty tone, "There's a proverb that says, 'Quality before quantity'. Do you understand what that means? I promised the young Duke of Yavre that I would bring back the most beautiful and cunning fox for him, and yet you want me to take that skinny little mouse? Keep your mouth shut. I don't like people who talk too much.b

The bodyguard immediately kept quiet and drove the car in a disciplined manner, all the while concocting in his stomach the gossip between the handsome young guest and the young duke whose private life was so tawdry.

Leo watched the roadside jungle scenery flash by, his heart in a state of anxiety and dilemma: He could never shoot those innocent people, but at the same time he couldn't afford to arouse anyone's suspicion. He also needed to find an opportunity to get closer to Yavre...... What should he do in order to accomplish these tasks with the best of both worlds?

A gunshot interrupted his thoughts.

Someone is hunting nearby! Leo clenched his fists and pinched his nails into his skin, using his willpower to suppress the intense intolerance and anger that was surging in his chest. I couldn't and mustn't, act on impulse, or else it would ruin the whole plan! Once Yavre gets alerted, all of the current victims are going to be wiped out and in the future, another batch of countless victims will continue to perish in this inhumane hunting game!

In any case, he must hold back!

There was another gunshot, and the sound source was very close. It should be an area near the road.

"-Stop!" Leo said to the bodyguard in an impatient manner.

The latter, thinking that the club member was finally getting serious about hunting instead of just taking a ride around the island in his car, turned off the engine with excitement and jumped out of the car with his guns.

Leo grabbed his shotgun and pushed through the thick foliage of the dense forest. In truth, he hadn't figured out what to do next. He knew that turning a blind eye was the best way to handle the situation, but he's a human-not a machine -thus, he couldn't meticulously carry out commands like a computer following a set program.

He couldn't just stand by and watch an innocent person die in front of him while using many excuses to justify his callousness and cover up the fact that he could not save that person's life.

His conscience wouldn't allow him to do that!

...I'll check what's going on first, then I'll see what I can do, he said to himself.

.

.

Daniel scavenged several spare magazines of ammunition from the third dead hunter and picked out two firearms that fit him. After that, he buried the hunter's remaining weapons and clothing then stuffed the corpse under a huge decaying wood. The ants, dung beetles, and other insects in the rotting foliage were spooked and fled in all directions, but they would soon return for a long, satisfying meal.