Chapter 32: Bedside Visitors (1)

Leo regained consciousness, and the hospital's white ceiling gradually formed in sight. He blinked his sore eyelids and found that he couldn't move above his neck. He touched his face and felt that it was wrapped in gauze like a mummy. The pain from his wounds had been reduced by a lot, and his body felt like it was drifting on the clouds.

Li Biqing pushed the door open and came in. He said in surprise, "Leo, you're awake!" He walked to the bedside and gently grabbed Leo's hand and brought it down, "Don't touch your face. You just had a surgery that fixed your broken maxilla. The doctor explained that if it's still hurting badly, you can adjust the analgesic drip yourself. "

Leo Min moved his lips, and Li Biqing stopped him before he said, "It's better to not talk for a few days. If you need anything, you can write it on the paper." He took the pen and paper from the bedside table next to him, used his hand to hold the paper, and put the pen between Leo's fingers.

"I'm fine, don't worry." Leo scrawled.

Li Biqing was startled. "You should be concerned of yourself instead of comforting me." He tried to cover up the worry on his face. "You don't know how many injuries you have! I stood outside the glass wall of the operating room and I saw how the doctors sewed you up like a broken sack. At that time I was really- "He choked up and didn't go on, but his eyes were full of sadness and heartache.

Leo looked quietly at him, then suddenly reached for his shirt, and pulled it down slowly. His forehead now rested against the other's. The warm body temperature and familiar breath passed between them, and Li Biqing seemed to hear his unspoken words, "Relax, I'm much better now, and I will get better soon."

The agent pulled his face away for a bit then winked at him in a playful manner, like an energetic little boy, and the meaning was "I'm much stronger than you think."

"Well, I know you will get better tomorrow, Kryptonianman." Li Biqing was amused by him. He took a cup of water with a straw from the table and fed it to Leo bit by bit.

"I'm fine, and there are nurses here who will take care of me. You go back to class." Leo wrote.

Li Biqing shook his head, "You have to stay in the hospital for a while. I will stay here and see what I can help with."

Leo also wanted to write something to object, but his future brother-in-law made a big move, "If you don't agree, I'll tell Molly that you're seriously injured." This sentence was enough to kill him when in full health, not to mention now that he only had half-a-blood-bar left. In the end, he had to stop writing and surrender.

"Great. Now I'm going to ask the doctor to see what you can eat. You haven't eaten for more than a day." Li Biqing said, put the water cup back on the table, picked up the thermos and walked out of the ward.

The room fell back into silence again. Leo spent ten minutes thinking about the case, and then stared dumbly at the ceiling. Having idle time in such a way is really tough! He sighed silently, and began to consider whether he should ring the nurse to ask for a magazine, such as Sports World.

Just then, the door was knocked on twice, and a figure he didn't want to see came in. The man walked straight to his bed, dragged a chair and to sit down, and looked down at him.. The expression on his face showed 'sympathy and comfort', but Leo knew that it was actually 'schadenfreude' inside the mask.

"It's a pity- you're not disfigured. It's still a little white face." The bald-headed big man looked at him for a while, and said with a weak tone.