Chapter 99: Inside & Outside Network (2)

After changing into the prison uniform, Sha Qing returned to Cell 7R and upon his arrival, he discovered that his bed was already occupied by a fat Black man.

"I just left-" he looked up at the wall clock and chuckled at the correctional officer beside him, "It's only been less than an hour. The 'big city life' sure is fast-paced."

The said CO was obviously baffled.

Ian, another CO, came over and said, "You should be glad that you'll be given a new room. It's a standard double room with a luxury toilet and writing desk. Perhaps, you think that a Jacuzzi is missing ?" The young blond officer wore the same mocking smile on his face as if he was incapable of speaking without some gunpowder on his words, and he continued,

"Well, go get your stuff and come with me, Mr. Who-Has-Some-Connections."

Sha Qing shrugged and walked over to the bed and threw his clothes into the cardboard box, when suddenly-

"You can't just walk away and leave me here!" The Hispanic guy who came into the facility the same time as him suddenly rushed over and yelled, "It's not fair! Why can you get a double room while I have to stay in this stinky, scum-packed shithole? It's not fair!" he then turned to the officers and snarled "I need to get a new room too, or I'll contact my lawyer and sue you for bribery, violation of rules, and abuse of prisoners!"

The sneer on Ian's face turned into an icy cold blade that could stab through one's skin, and the cruel malice in his eyes made the Hispanic guy step back uncontrollably.

"It's good that you have money for hiring a lawyer." Ian said, his voice as soft and thin as the tongue of a venomous snake, "I think you need some solid evidence for your lawyer to be able to write in the charges, don't you."

His gaze swept over the inmates who were standing idly in the room, paused briefly in the faces of the two large Black men at the head of the group. He seemingly gave them a covert command through his eyes, then turned his head and left.

Holding the cardboard box in his arms, Sha Qing followed after Ian and as he walked out of the room, he heard the crowd of people behind him moving their feet as well as the thick nasal voices of the two large Black men with the pylon-like body, "What did I just hear? Stinky, full of scum? Hmm?"

He didn't sympathize with the unlucky Hispanic man, not even the slightest, because he always believed that though it's okay for a person to not have high intelligence, he still has to learn how to judge the circumstances he's in; a person can also be arrogant and domineering, but on the premise that he has the ability to back that attitude.

.

.

.

Taking the elevator up to the 9th floor, Ian led Sha Qing through the encircling aisles, stopped in front of a row of grid-like cells, and opened one of the thick iron doors.

"New apartment, new roommate. But I think you two already know each other." He turned his attention to the man sitting on the edge of the bed in his cell and mocked, "Got what you wished for, Mafia guy? The downside is, this fellow is a hard nut to crack, so be careful of breaking your teeth."

He used the end of the baton to push Sha Qing's back, then close the iron door with a slam.

"Hi, we meet again, Li." The young Italian man with brown hair and blue eyes got up and greeted him with a slightly uneasy look.

Sha Qing stared at Alessio's outstretched right hand and asked without any expression, "Is this a hand-kiss greeting, Alessio? Or are you going to throw me into a giant meat grinder?"