Chapter 129: The Last Killer (3)

The light snow fell sparsely, and most of it melted before it landed, making the air even more damp and cold.

Leo drove alone to the suburbs, where a large amusement park, which had been closed due to poor business practices, was located. He parked his car outside the rusty iron gate and walked in empty-handed.

The green bricks on the ground have various cracks, with overgrown weeds. There was a merry-go-round with faded paint and a clown sculpture with a broken head staring at him viciously under the gloomy sky. A little farther away was the skeleton of a withered Ferris wheel.

He stood in the dead square for a moment, and walked around a few times. A few faint noises came from somewhere, but it sounded like wind. He looked around vigilantly but didn't notice anyone else's figure.

Did I misunderstood that hint? Leo stopped and thought carefully.

Suddenly, his pupils shrank and his fingers instinctively leaned towards the holster on the inside of his suit.

"Merry Christmas, my dear." A man's voice sounded behind him-young, sharp, and elegant, like a knife with exquisite patterns.

Leo gripped the handle of his gun tightly, turned around slowly, and looked at the incoming person from afar, "Sha Qing."

Sha Qing didn't put on any fake face and was using his original voice. He was wearing a light gray hoodie and both his hands were inside the pocket of his loose pants, looking like a college student wandering around leisurely. "I'm glad you didn't let the police tag along," he said, then continued, "So there's only one light bulbleft."

Light bulb? Who is he talking about? Leo was taken aback, and following Sha Qing's line of sight, he casted his gaze to the side and back.

Around seven meters high in mid-air, a dilapidated pirate ship's door bolts suddenly fell off, and a figure rolled down from inside, suspended by a rope tied to its body, it hung in the air.

The said figure was a man, with arms tied behind his back with a rope, and mouth sealed with tape. While he couldn't scream, he struggled desperately while kicking his legs.

--Rob!

Leo almost screamed out. Didn't I tell him to stay behind and wait for the signal? Why did he disobey the order and secretly followed after me! Doing such a thing was clearly a bad idea, especially when faced against someone like Sha Qing!

The slight movement he had heard just a while ago should be the sound of Rob being tied up after being subdued by Sha Qing.

"Let him down!" Leo said in a deep voice, "The matter between the two of us has nothing to do with him. Let him go."

"Then wait for him to bring a large group of people over? I don't like asking for trouble that much."

"Sha Qing! He's Rob! I thought you guys were at least somewhat close, if not friends! Are you really going to do this to him?"

Sha Qing sneered, "I not only have a friendship with you, but we also slept together. When did you ever show mercy to me?"

Leo paused as if he choked on his breath, "The one between us ...... That-it was a mistake from the beginning."

"I think so, too. " Sha Qing nodded lightly with an unpredictable expression, like an absolutely calm water surface, making it impossible to discern any emotion. "A pastime can only be a pastime. Once you overdo it and take it seriously, bad luck will come one after another. After knowing you for more than a year, I have almost endured half a life's injuries, and was even thrown to jail-"