Chapter 62: Hunting Day (2)

The green snake, shaken loose of its spine, drooped limply, still twitching unwillingly.

Daniel broke out in a cold sweat, "Snake! Is it venomous?"

"It's a Whipsnake. Although it's not as lethal as a cobra, but one bite is enough for you." Luo Yi said as he threw away the still-twitching snake. "Be careful, the forests of this island are full of dangerous creatures- scorpions, snakes, and the Aedes albopictus mosquitoes that spread dengue fever."

Daniel looked around nervously but his vision was only filled with patches of green, dark green, pale green, turquoise green, mixed with mottled gray-brown. For a moment, he had a sense of fear of being devoured alive by the green plants.

He couldn't help looking at his companion beside him. At some point, the Asian young man's frivolous and tacky demeanor had disappeared; as if his all of his sloppiness had been absorbed into the dangerous forest.

Although the badly dyed blonde hair and red orange overalls that resemble prison clothes severely lowered the man's aesthetics, but the pair of feline-like deep amber pupils lurking with a quiet and sharp light, made Daniel unable to look away.

What the hell... it's like I'm being possessed by the devil...Daniel thought somewhat dazedly. He felt uncomfortable in his heart, because it's like he was looking at a pet parrot with beautiful and delicate feathers evolve into a giant falcon with sharp beaks and powerful talons.

"...... What are you going to do next?" He asked hesitantly and then he spotted a beetle emerging from beneath the mud and rotting leaves vainly attempting to crawl up the back of his foot. He immediately jumped up and trampled it into a yellow-green sludge.

"In no way am I going to stay in this haunted forest! I need to get back on the road. The moment I ran out of camp, I should have headed up towards those flat roads instead of panicking and charging into this damned forest full of poisons!"

"Road? The kind of road that's three meters wide just wide enough to drive a car?" Luo Yi tugged the corners of his mouth like he was just being sarcastic, "No, I don't want to go near that at all."

Daniel said, irritated and annoyed: "I'll ask you one last time. Do you want to go up with me, or stay in this damned forest alone?"

"I choose the latter." Luo Yi answered without hesitation.

Daniel glared at him and said through gritted teeth, "Don't regret it! It will be too late to regret it then!"

Luo Yi turned around indifferently and left.

Daniel only felt the wave of anger rush into his head -he grabbed Luo Yi's clothes on the shoulder area to drag him back, but unexpectedly, the other man grabbed his wrist with his back hand, twisted and lifted it, easily pressing him against the tree trunk.

The rough bark of the tree rubbed on his back painfully, but it was no match to the shock he felt upon experiencing the other party's skills. He thought he was good at fighting, and even his Muay Thai teacher praised him for being talented but now, a little white face was pinning him down by his neck against a tree, and he couldn't even fight back!

... There's no way a male prostitute would have such skill!

"Who the hell are you?" Daniel gloomily asked with frustration and a hint of inexplicable disappointment: He had thought that in this dire situation, the other man would have no choice but to rely on him. He had even made up his mind to fuck him to his heart's content as soon as he got out of this haunted forest ......

Now , all of that could only remain as nothing but a delusion.

"You don't need to know." Luo Yi said coldly as he let go of him, "Well, it's time for us to go our separate ways."

Daniel, who initially thought that he had taken in a little brother with a sense of superiority, was now being slapped in the face by the other party. He then turned around and stormed off angrily.

Pulling out the compass from his pocket, he discerned the direction and headed toward the position of the road in his impression. After ten minutes of careful trudging, he saw the rammed dirt road through the gaps in the branches and leaves. He was about to drill out of the bushes when he suddenly heard the roar of a car engine.

He peeked between the leaves and saw a somewhat familiar figure, running frantically down the road in a panic-it was Old Hei!

The gunshots rang out one after the other, and Old Hei's running body fell forward onto the dirt road like he had been hit by an invisible sandbag. Two large pool of blood spread from his arms and thighs, as he spasmed and let out a mournful cry. Two convertible off-road vehicles came from behind him and parked a few meters away.

Two men came out from each of the two vehicles, two dressed in hunting clothes and carrying a hunting rifle with a scope, the other two in camouflage, who look liked a drivers/bodyguards.

The two men in hunting outfits seemed like acquaintances and they greeted each other with a smile.

"Hey, Dylan, you're one step behind. This prey is mine."

"Really? But it's pretty clear that my bullets are faster, right? I'm the one who hit the leg, otherwise he would have kept running. William, if you're willing to bet, then you must willingly accept a loss too."

"No, Dylan, you're the one who should accept the truth." He sigh then continued "-Alright, we can't waste time on this trivial matter. Since we can't determine to whom this prey belongs, we can just follow the old rules."

He then took out a gold coin from his pocket and flicked his finger. The gold coin flew up in the air with a cold snap from his fingers before falling down against his palms. He immediately pressed on it and asked, "Heads or tails?"

"... ...Heads." The other man said.

"Tails for me then." He spread out his palm, and lying on the skin quietly was a gold coin facing down. He couldn't help smiling, "I'm sorry, Dylan, I won."

The other said regretfully, "Well, he's all yours. There's plenty of prey anyway."

William drew a dagger from his boot and walked towards Old Hei who was lying on the ground.