Chapter 63: Hunting Day (3)

William drew a dagger from his boot and walked towards Old Hei who was lying on the ground.

"What luck. The first prey I got is the species I wanted. You know, with the addition of this Black male's skull, I can finally make a full set of ashtrays?"

Old Hei looked in horror and despair at the sharp blade as he tried to drag his wounded leg. He struggled to get up to continue running, but was kicked on the injured area by the other man, and he let out a painful, almost non-human, scream. He once again fell to the ground, flying dust rustling down on his face. And through the gray mist and green-yellow color, he suddenly saw a face hiding in the branches and leaves beside the road.

His hope got ignited by a faint spark, and like a drowning man grasping at a straw, he stared at the figure with wide eyes as he tried to open and close his lips, crying silently: Help! Help me! Help me!

Daniel watched the scene in shock, digesting the information he'd gotten from the conversation between the two men ...... The ominous feeling he'd had before became a reality, and it was worse than he'd imagined! It wasn't a TV or reality show, but hunting.

And not just some simple hunting, but using living people as prey- Human Hunting.

As if uncovering the fog floating above the swamp, everything that didn't make any sense from before-all of his suspicions-was now explained. That the so-called company recruited a group of homeless vagabonds, lured them with favorable treatment and controlled them with free drugs, in order to drop them on this jungle island and have the others turn them into corpses, one by one, just like hunting wild animals!

Fucking damn it! I can't believe this shit is happening to me! Daniel was terrified and at the same time, angry, Shit! trying to take me as prey huh ...... Wait till I find a chance to grab a gun... Let's see who will be hunting who by then!

He took a few deep breaths, then slowly and silently backed away. As for the unfortunate Old Hei, he had no intention of giving the slightest assistance at all. Not to mention that the other party had offended him, even if he was an acquaintance, he was more concerned about saving his own life in this kind of situation.

Old Hei stared at his gradually moving away face, and the faint flame of hope got completely doused by a basin of icy water.

But from the remaining embers, something got ignited again.

Not hope-but viciousness, madness, and hatred.

He held up half his body in a dying struggle beneath the blade, and he pointed to bushes as he screamed, "-There! One more! There's one more person over there!"

Fuck! Daniel cursed fiercely and he turned around to immediately run.

The bullets swept past him with a wave of air, and the branches and leaves flurried wildly. At the moment of life and death, he couldn't care less about any venomous snakes and scorpions. His mind was filled with only one thought: Run! Run!

The dense shrubs on the ground hindered his footsteps.

He fled towards the direction he came from with all his strength, without paying attention to his bruised calves and cut ankles. The rough terrain caused him to fall several times, but he always quickly got up with a bloody face and continued to run, roll and crawl.......

A protruding tree root tripped him again, and his head hit a trunk when he fell. His eyesight got blurry and then he fainted.

When he opened his eyes, he saw an upside-down familiar face above him - never for a moment did he think it was as holy and lovely as an angel's.

"...... You knew, didn't you?" He panted and reached for the other man's trousers, "I don't care who you are and what's your purpose for getting in here, but you must have had prepared a well thought out plan in advance, right? So, how about counting me in...? I swear I won't become a hindrance, you won't be put at a disadvantage, and I'll be a good assistant ......"

Luo Yi stared at the pair of dark green eyes on the bloodstained face, and what he saw there was a flash of strong desire to survive just like a beast, and a sharp glint saying that he would do anything to achieve his goal.

...I might need him, so for the time being... Luo Yi thought then he reached out his hand to pull the other up.

He took out a small bottle of water left over from breakfast and he helped Daniel clean his wounds a little.

"It's hot and humid in here." Daniel gritted his teeth against the pain and complained while wiping away his sweat.

"This is an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The temperature is at least 28°C and the humidity is over 90%, a condition that would dehydrate you after half an hour of strenuous exercise," Luo Yi explained.

"And you're still using the water to wash my wounds?" Daniel looked at him, appalled: "What if we get dehydrated?"

Luo Yi smiled slightly, "Don't worry, we can always find something to drink, so it won't be a problem to last at least a few days."

"A few days? You don't plan on going back to the camp before dark?"

"Yes, I don't. Although beds and meals are provided there, aren't you worried that perhaps they might inject White powder through your veins in the middle of the night so that they can control you more easily? That way, even if everyone discovered the truth, they wouldn't dare to escape and could only wait for death in a muddle-headed state."

Daniel shuddered, and he decided that he'd rather die than go back. "What's next?" he asked.

"I need to store some water and food, then build a makeshift shelter before the sun goes down. I also have to make some improvised weapons and traps so that if there are any stragglers from those hunters, then we can try to take him out and get his gun first." The Asian man explained.

Daniel's eyes gradually showed brilliance because of the deep nostalgia for the blood and thrill of battle that the long-silenced outlaw had come to miss, "Taking out those who tried to hunt us? Great, let's show those well-bred trashes just who the real preys are !"