Chapter 19: Crawled Out Of Hell (2)

The combat instructor's counterattack was much more than that one fist- his body leaped up in a straight line and quickly rotated 360 degrees. His huge body brought an enormous kinetic energy, and like an iron axe, his right long leg whistled towards Leo's left face! It's hard to imagine that a big man like Anthony can perfectly execute such a delicate leg method but the man spun once more and a swirling kick had hit Leo's left jaw yet again.

As his face was kicked to one side, Leo spitted out some blood, and a strong rusty smell filled his mouth. He stumbled few steps back until his waist reached against the cylindrical metal table near the shooting training ground.

Anthony leaped over, stepped on the agent's chest with his left foot, while his right toe hooked his jaw. After a short while, the bulky man flipped back, and landed on the floor steadily.

The foot only did a light pressure, which did not cause any further damage to Leo, but the threat behind it was overwhelming. There is no doubt that if the bald man deliberately pressed his weight and tried his best to kick him, with the man's ability to deadlift 560 pounds, even when the opponent did not immediately die, a severe concussion would be inevitable.

"It lasted 9 seconds longer than before." Anthony's fingers scraped a wisp of blood from Leo's cheek, his eyes full of thrill from the violence. "Don't be frustrated little pony, this is already a quite good result. You know, Jacob, who was called the 'Meat Grinder', parched out from my leg in 53 seconds, and even Hogan, the 'Monster', lasted for only 15 minutes and 42 seconds."

Leo wiped the blood on the corners of his lips with the back of his hand and coldly replied, "That's really bad. But you do know that you've fought with 'Devil King' Evans for 18 minutes only to lose in the end, don't you?"

The bald-headed man's face sank. That first and last defeat of his life was an eternal disgrace and a permanent scar. After he recovered from injury, he was eager to return to the fighting arena and confront Evans again, but the black- fisted 'Devil King' who was good at using his opponent's small mistakes to win, actually fell to his own blunder and was swept off the stage by 'War Tiger' Alex Chen two years later.

Maybe this is the fate of the black market fighters: with arduous training, they forged themselves into a killing machine, constantly kicked other people's heads. They used their own life as a bet to win a huge wealth, until one day, perhaps even the next day after their victory, like the opponents they once defeated, they too became a bloody corpse.

While the other was in a trance, Leo turned away to leave but his throat was suddenly gripped from behind by a steel-hard arm.

"Want to run? I'm not finished yet!"

Leo elbowed Anthony on his ribs and broke free from the latter's shackles. He turned back to leave a frosty reply: "Go to hell and fight the devil there, you violent maniac!"

"Hell?" Anthony's gaze became cold and deep, as if he had returned to the freezing iciness of Siberia, to the extremely bloody and cruel devil-like training camp. Young people from all over the world faced the desperate situation of life and death since their first day at the camp, and those who failed to meet the assessment standards within the time limit were directly destroyed. They fought against their peers, wild beasts such as wolves and grizzly bears, and armed instructors with bare hands. Under severe, harsh pressure, they experienced how hell-like training was really like- there were constant fighting, pain and death. Usually, only less than a third of the people were able to come out of that training camp and all of them were the fiercest bloodthirsty beasts, the most sophisticated and efficient killing machines.

"No need, I already crawled out of hell ..." Anthony whispered indifferently as he watched Leo's back disappear into the elevator.

.
.
.

After a cold shower and a change to suit uniform, Leo's turbulent mood gradually calmed down.

Once, under the stimulation of the black boxing instructor, he did train hard on unarmed fighting skills. But before long, he realized that neither fighting nor Anthony was a part of his life. The former could,at most, enhance his physical strength and fighting skills, while the latter could survive on his own. It was not necessary to waste time on this-the key is to do his job well.

Leo felt the dark, smooth Glock 18 9x19mm caliber, with 17 rounds capacity, carrying a light feel, good performance, stable and powerful firepower, and a fire rate of 1,200 rounds per minute in automatic mode, comparable to that of a submachine gun ... An extreme familiarity surged between his fingers, "Good girl, you are more reliable than anything else." The black-haired agent said as he inserted his gun into the holster under his ribs.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Back in the office upstairs, as he pushed open the door, Leo froze and habitually frowned when he saw the person at the sofa. He asked, "Why are you here?"

Li Biqing retracted his hand from the chess board and smiled at him: "I've finished writing the profile, so I brought it to you."

Leo turned to Emily who was playing against him: "You're not busy?"

"No, no, I just came to deliver coffee..." The girl responsible for entertaining guests scrambled to get up, her pretty face with big eyes and pointed chin was full of anxiety, and like a fish, she slipped out of the door.

"How did you get up here?" Leo asked.

"I encountered Rob downstairs." The young man said with a bit of gloominess: "Can we not use that kind of tone- like you're interrogating a suspect? I'm starting to get nervous."

Leo's heart softened and he subconsciously eased his tone. "Sorry, occupational habits." He walked to the sofa and sipped from the cup of warm coffee. He tried to hide the uneasy look on his face, and then took the thin sheet of paper from Li Biqing. "You wait here while I take this to the Criminal Investigation and Analysis department. You can get some snacks and drinks in the tea room yourself. Don't get too close to that girl."

"Why?" Li Biqing asked with naive and confused eyes.

"She's bisexual who always get entangled with her ex. I don't think you'd want a tall, hot-tempered policewoman as an enemy. Just yesterday, she rushed into my office and made a fuss because she mistook me as a rival."

Li Biqing shrank his neck and immediately stated: "The girl just sent me some coffee; nothing else happened and I've nothing to do with her."

"That's good." Leo slightly nodded, and holding his criminal profile, walked out of the office.

Li Biqing breathed a sigh of relief, and sat back on the sofa.

Rob walked out of the private bathroom behind the desk, shook the water drops on his hand, and showed a very sympathetic look to Li Biqing: "Have I told you that the guy has a strong desire to control the people around him? If you want to follow through on your own wishes, you must say 'No' to him without mercy just like what I always do!-'No way, Leo!', 'Don't tell me what to do, Leo!'"

"I think he's just overprotective of his own family and of course, I am his future brother-in-law." Li Biqing replied, "And I have never heard you say that to him, Rob. You're always saying: 'Okay, you won', 'You are the boss', right?"

Rob almost vomited blood with the sudden sullen feeling. He said weakly: "I was wrong for being a busybody."

The other party just glanced at him and asked, "Can you play chess?"

"Uh... somehow."

"Great. Let's play a new round!" Li Biqing pulled him to the sofa and happily re-arranged the chess pieces.

"My chess skills are terrible. I'm afraid I'll be defeated in a few moves." Rob looked a little embarrassed.

"It's okay, anyway, we're just playing-" Li Biqing suddenly paused, and then said, "A few moves? How many moves ... Yeah, why didn't I think of that! The 1-1-8-3, that's what it means!" He muttered words that no one could understand and grabbed Rob's arm. "Where is the Criminal Investigation and Analysis Office? I need to find Leo!"

"On the eighth floor." Rob looked at his actions and could not help but to also get up and said, "Is there anything urgent? I will accompany you."