Chapter 48: Frozen Angel (2)

"Gentlemen, breaking in into someone's room and stealing things without permission is not a sensible and legal thing to do, isn't it?" The priest in a black robe stood outside the door, showing a displeased expression while sternly preaching the two men.

"The premise is that the person is not a murder suspect under investigation by the police." The federal agent drew out his handgun and said coldly, "I'm wondering how you were able to come here. Was it because you've been alert all these time and was cautious enough, that you did not inhale the Isoflurane?"

"Isoflurane? " Father Boyce was a little surprised, "You mean, you drugged me when you sneaked into my bedroom? No wonder I didn't wake up when you took the key off my neck. Well, it's a pity that I was born with high tolerance to most drugs. If you want me to remain unconscious for a prolonged period of time, I'm afraid you'll have to increase the normal dosage by several times."

This is another trait of those serial killers-mental numbness. He did such unspeakable things yet he didn't show even an ounce of guilt! Leo thought angrily. The priest was caught red-handed right at the crime scene, in the room full of his victims' bodies and yet he didn't seemed perturbed at all, as if this was just his private collection that was peeped-in by strangers!

"Since you delivered yourself here, things will be much simpler," the agent gestured at the priest with the gun muzzle. "Raise your hands above your head, slowly turned around, and face on the wall. I'm arresting yo, Father Boyce, for deliberate murder and blasphemy."

The priest opened his gray-blue eyes, his face full of surprise and confusion, just like someone who was innocently accused. His words were full of the anxiety and self-justification, "Intentional murder? No, no, murder is one of the greatest sin, it's against the Lord's Ten Commandments. The Lord said, 'Do not kill,' and 'Every murderer wouldn't live with Him forever'. We must obey the commandments of the Lord!"

"How do you explain the bodies of these children? Do you want to tell us all these statue of a little angels are only made of plaster?"

"No, they aren't statues, but sleeping angels." The priest's emotions quickly calmed down, "Their souls had only temporarily left the mortal world; they had risen to the place where the Father is- Heaven. I can only keep their bodies as complete as possible until the day their souls return."

"Are you going to deceive the court and jury with this kind of magical stick tone? Great, I hope you will gain more religious brain powder at that time!"

"No, I didn't lie. The mouth of a liar is hated by Jehovah; those who act honestly are pleased by him." The priest said sincerely to the agent who was angry and disgusted, "Listen to me, young man. I know that in your opinion, this is a bit impersonal and it does not comply with the current law, but I must do it. This is my mission ever since I got that 'revelation' twenty years ago."

"Revelation?" Li Biqing, who had been watching with cold eyes, asked, "Can you elaborate it more, priest."

"Of course." Father Boyce replied amicably.

"I was a shallow and ignorant young man 20 years ago. I wanted to serve the Lord and listen to His will, but I never entered the clergy. Until one day, when I traveled to Sicily, Italy, and I saw a sleeping angel in the catacombs of the monks in Palermo." The priest looked at that small body in the glass case, his eyes were warm and filled with longing, as if he had stepped into the sanctuary of memory.

"Her soul has left the world for more than seventy years, but she still maintains the same appearance before death. Her glossy hair, curly eyelashes, smooth skin, and dewy lips, akin to a freshly picked flower. The moment I saw her, a flash of lightning split my foolish head. I was like a lost lamb who finally found the way and the voice of the long-awaited Lord finally came to my head! The Lord said to me, 'Whoever guards the body of an angel over his own flesh and blood comes out good and will please the Lord.'"