Chapter 35: Blue & Purple (2)

He felt like some corner of his brain was falling apart, akin to a gradually drying sand castle whose former strong walls were now slowly collapsing and being swept by the wind little by little, which would eventually scatter through the sky.

"... Leo, Leo!"

Leo's mind suddenly returned.

"Are you okay?" The other person asked with concern. "You didn't move at all for a few minutes, not even your eyes! Is there something wrong?"

Leo took a deep breath, "I'm okay. I was just thinking about something that's why I lost my mind for a moment."

"What were you thinking of?"

"...I forgot."

Li Biqing was taken aback, and then laughed, "You're probably too tired. Stop worrying about those brain-exhausting things; we are on vacation now, you know. Take a good rest and relax - you can choose to sleep, listen to music, play with the computer, or accompany me to the supermarket to buy daily necessities and food ingredients."

Leo thought about it, and said, "I choose the last one. You need a car to help you transport things, since the things you want to buy might weigh a lot."

"Yes. It's so beautiful here but there's no trace of smoke, and the refrigerator is so empty, I'd feel uncomfortable if I don't fill it up. Fortunately, you asked your neighbor's wife to help with the cleaning - otherwise I have to clean it thoroughly today ..." The young man murmured and walked to the entrance to wear his shoes.

Leo followed him and listened to his jabbering plans for things other than shopping, and thought that this kind of life was strange and warm- it was a peaceful place completely isolated from the gunfire and blood-soaked weapons. He had been living alone for a long-time and was completely overworked; therefore, moments like these were very precious for him, like a soft and sweet light music that he could never get tired listening to.

He loves light music...

------

In the evening, they nestled on the sofa waiting for the NBA live broadcast, with a pile of snacks and beer on the coffee table. The commercials were so boring that it made Leo yawn, so he pulled out a New York Times and scanned through it. Li Biqing also looked at another one, and struggled to read the lengthy English, which made him a little intimidated. He quickly turned his attention to an advertisement on the page.

"... A resort? A lakeside cabin? Backed by the forest, surrounded by the big lake, - enjoy rafting, fishing, hunting, a quiet environment and rich in ... rich what?" Biqing looked up.

Leo leaned his face over and glanced, "Anion, negative air ion."

"Oh." The young man continued to read, "Whether you are passionate about health, family leisure or camping adventure, it is your best choice ... Northwest New Jersey, near the Kittatinny Mountains, and also close to New York... How about it, are you interested?" He blinked his eyes with interest and asked the other man, his face clearly saying, "Go, go, I want to go!"

Leo couldn't help but stretch his hand to rub Li Biqing's chestnut hair, and said with a smile, "OK, let's go."

"That's great!" The boy cheered and jumped off the sofa - he couldn't even be bothered to watch the NBA could n't, "You go make a phone call to make an appointment, and I will go pack up! "

"It's already evening, so we have to wait until tomorrow to make a reservation." Leo pulled him back and pressed him into the sofa. "Let's watch TV for the time being, then go to bed early. We'll make a phone call first thing in the morning, so we still have time to pack things up after that."