Chapter 28: A Temporary United Front (1)

Sha Qing quietly hid in the dark.

For him, darkness is a reliable ally, and of course, sometimes it would turn around and bite you back, but it all depends on whether you have enough power to use it to your benefit or the other way around. Just like his mindset that there are only two kinds of people in the world - hunters and prey, the boundaries between the two are not so clear because you may be a prey for life, but it is difficult to be a hunter forever. It depends on whether you have the ability to be in the advantageous position or not. The world is like a huge coin tossed in the air, with the front and back being just relative in terms of up and down.

Now, he's in the dark, and he's either going to be on the up, or down.

When they realize that there's something wrong with the lighting system, one or both of his prey will come down to the power distribution room to check the generator. He hopes that there's only one, as given with the Cavalry's injuries, the Demon King is more likely the one who will come down. He must get rid of the former black-market champion as soon as possible before the other person becomes suspicious..

He didn't wait long.

About seven or eight minutes later, the iron door of the power control room was opened. After glancing left and right, Evans came in with a flashlight in one hand and a Mad Dog knife in the other, as well as a FN 5.7 pistol around his waist. His pace was full of alertness and readiness to leave if something seemed amiss.

After a careful examination of the room, Evans walked over to the generator and squatted down to examine it and found that a spiral cable was broken- seemingly chewed off by rodents.

"Damn rats!" He scolded while searched for a new cable.

During this period, Sha Qing kept himself hidden, and watched Evans gradually lower his vigilance- in order to replace the cable, he inserted the Mad Dog knife into his leg pocket.

The light returned, and Evans squinted his eyes to adjust from the sudden dark-to-bright stimulation. It was at this moment that Sha Qing made a move!

A gray light tore through the air silently and it only left a straight and slender image on the retina, which was so vicious and decisive, like a deadly bite of a viper.

This attack almost hit Evans' vitals. If he hadn't been tempered from the hell-like Siberia training camp, and if not for his extreme sensitivity and instincts that allowed him to twist his body when he was about to be touched by the fingertips of death, he would have been in a real hell by now with a bloody hole on his back through his chest.

As a result, his arm took the place of his heart and received the attack.

The prismatic blade pierced his upper left arm. Three blood vessels were pulled out with the knife since the vessels wasn't sucked by the contracted muscles like a normal knife stab.

Blood poured out like a fountain. Evans screamed and pulled out the Mad Dog knife on the side of his leg. He caught the blade in the opponent's hand as the next hit struck.

Sparks burst, and two of the world's top combat knives collided with force. Evans also took the opportunity to see what the attackers looked like.

"A tri-edged military knife!" He covered his bloody wound and gave a beast-like roar to the man with dark hair and black eyes in front of him, "Chinese! I hate Chinese the most!"

He rushed over like an angry rhinoceros; he grabbed the powerful momentum to execute a powerful axe-like high-sweep kick to his opponent's temple, with amazing speed and strength.