Chapter 93: The Tip Of The Iceberg (2)

"What about the calls with Molly? You can mimic his accent, but how do you know the intimate things between them?"

"Well, that was really more challenging. Your sister isn't stupid, therefore I was always on edge every time we talk for fear of revealing any flaw." Sha Qing made a dramatic expression of distress. "So the only thing I could do was to try to keep our talk short, or make some small accidents to interrupt the call and I have survived by doing that until now. This is all thanks to Li Biqing completely pouring out all the private matters between the two of them after a single dose of a psychedelic drug; but of course, the one I'm most thankful to was you. Even if Molly became suspicious, she would never doubt that the man who was with her brother wasn't her boyfriend. At most, she would only think that the changes in Li Biqing were only caused by the new and unfamiliar environment."

Leo asked through clenched teeth, "Is Molly's boyfriend, the real Li Biqing, still alive?"

"You shouldn't be asking such a question. I'm not the type of person who willfully kills the innocent, you know." Sha Qing said in a tone as if he was suffering from some injustice.

Leo resisted the strong desire to punch the man in the face. He still had many questions and unsolved puzzles, and he was eager to figure it all out.

"Why? Why are you doing this? What's in it for you by disguising yourself just to stay by my side? Intelligence? Indeed... you were able to freely enter and leave the FBI office building with the credentials I gave you and you have obtained a lot of information about serial killers. Those details that are not open to the public can help you find and kill them one step faster, right?"

"Those are just additional benefits. I can find and kill them without relying on you guys. It's just a matter of time." Sha Qing said indifferently.

Leo said coldly, "So what exactly is it that you want? There has to be a motive for you to be doing such things!"

"Motive? Oh, don't make it sound so bad. At first, I just wanted to find an opportunity to get close to you."Sha Qing looked at him with a smile akin to that of a sunflower growing on a cold frozen soil at night- a warmth incompatible with the whole environment- which made Leo's back cold.

"Leo Lawrence, the federal agent who has chased me longer than any law enforcement officer, the one who had gotten closer to me than any police, and even brushed past me several times. I am really, really interested in you ...... I want to know if you are as upright, brave, and indestructible as you appear to be on the surface. Even the sun has sunspots, so I thought it shouldn't be difficult to dig some of your dirt, such as dereliction of duty, false public service, and filling your own pockets, right? But what I didn't expect was that you were really well behaved, even in your private life! You work like a machine- the sort that doesn't stop, at that!"

Speaking of it, Sha Qing's tone held a little bit of indignation "Damn, even if you really are the U.S. Constitution, I will turn you into a yellow comics ! The most suitable life partners for fairness-obsessed freaks like you are those white lotus type- who is kind, gentle, calm; who can take care of you but doesn't act like a mother; can help you with your work and simple, but has wisdom, right? So I gave you that white lotus and look, you got bent so easily!"

He shrugged mischievously, "How does it feel like to uncontrollably fall in love with your future brother-in-law while self-loathing but at the same time, indulging in pleasure, jerking off at the sleeping Li Biqing, agent?"

Leo's pale face went flushed in anger and shame. He then slammed Sha Qing into the wall before throwing him onto the ground, "So you were fucking making fun of me, weren't you! Pretending to be innocent and seducing me inadvertently, while gloating and watching me be in pain, unable to extricate myself from you! What the hell do you get by doing this!"