Chapter 51: Reincarnation (3)

Those sounds were like a huge torrent which instantly broke the blockage in his mind, and an irresistible force pushed his finger-

A Bloody spot appeared on the nun's right arm. She was pushed back to the ground by the impact as she screamed and covered the wound. Some parts of her arm's bones were crushed by the bullet, which made her arm appear in a twisted and weird manner, filling her nerves with severe pain. She curled up on the ground and groaned loudly, as if it could relieve the physical pain.

Leo stared at the weapon in his hand, with the burning smell still lingering in his nose. Even though the shot was fired and he heard the sound of the gun, he still couldn't believe that he was able fire the gun so easily!

Those nightmares that have troubled him for a long time and the intractable psychological obstacles which had been stirring his emotions into a whirlpool, were smashed by that bullet at the same time!

He initially thought that it would be a very long and painful process to get rid of those things-in fact, he was almost desperate about it, so he swallowed more and more pills in a self-inflicting attitude, and forced himself to do nothing but be busy in his intense work so he wouldn't have time to think of those awful things.

At that moment, he was finally able to fire that bullet towards right direction after a full five years. He successfully pulled back the once deviated trajectory!

This time, he didn't miss -and he will never miss again.

Debbie fell to the ground in a daze. She looked at the blood-stained nun and ran away in horror, but the thick darkness around her stopped her footsteps. The forest in the middle of the night was dark, and only the headlights illuminated a small area with some light. She looked at the tall figure of the dark-haired man in the backlight, and suddenly remembered that he was a policeman.

Believe the police, the adults always say so. She stretched out her small arms, eager to get a warm and safe shelter, and stumbled towards him. (t/n, bishes I'm frickin crying ahhhh)

Leo dropped his gun, kneeled on the muddy ground covered with dead leaves, and tightly hugged the little girl who threw herself at him. He buried his face in the long, curly light blonde hair of the little angel.

No one knew that he had burst into tears. (t/n, Leooo T.T)

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry ..." The dark-haired agent repeatedly said with a choked voice, pouring out the guilt, self-blame, and apology that had accumulated for five years, "Debbie, I'm sorry ..."

The little girl couldn't understand the meaning of what he said, but she just cleverly hugged his neck and replied in learned etiquette, "It doesn't matter." (t/n, waaaaaaaah TT.TT)

"She has forgiven you." Li Biqing whispered beside him, "Leo, do you believe in reincarnation?"

"... reincarnation?"

"Yes. Five years ago, one life died, but another life was born. Now, she returned to you with the same appearance and the same situation, and you gave her a new ending-she wanted to use this way to tell you that she has forgiven you with your own efforts."

Leo looked up in amazement. Staring at the little girl's face, he asked suspiciously and at the same time, expectantly, "Is that true, Debbie?"

The little girl also stared at him. She remembered what the teacher had taught her, that she should be grateful after receiving help from others, so she said quietly, "Thank you."

The federal agent hugged her again and said in tears, "No, Debbie, I should thank you ..."

The roaring siren sounded louder as it neared. A large number of state police and county police arrived and took over the scene. Controlling the suspects, appeasing the hostages, taking photos for evidence ... All the aftermath work was carried out in an orderly manner.