Chapter 55: Jungle Island (2)

Time quickly flew by, and a few hours later, the plane landed. The group walked down the gangway and found that they were in a small, simple airport.

Daniel stayed in the hatch for a few seconds, trying to look into the distance only to see a large stretch of green jungle. The humid air carried a fishy and salty smell. He suspected that they might be near a coastal area or in an island in the middle of the sea.

"Welcome to Luna Island," The flight attendant bid them farewell with a sweet smile, "-where you will spend the most unforgettable time of your life."

After everyone dazedly boarded a pickup truck, they made their way towards the jungle. They traversed a bumpy road for more than half an hour, and finally arrived at a base enclosed by fences.

The base consisted of three barracks-like buildings, and a very wide square in the middle. It is surrounded by a clearing dotted with low shrubs, and farther away is the dense forest.

There were some people standing in groups of three or five on the square, and there were about forty people in their own car. It seemed that the company was not only recruiting job seekers from New York.

Seeing the large number of people, Daniel felt a little relieved, thinking that there shouldn't be any major problems.

"What are you looking for?" He patted Luo Yi's shoulder, who was looking around, and reminded: "We're being assigned a place to live."

.

.

.

A luxurious-looking helicopter landed on the small airport. Its silver-gray body was spray-painted with a graceful figure of Artemis, and below it was a crescent-shaped logo, inlaid with the words 'Lunar Club' in Latin text.

The hatch slid open, and two White men walked out one after another.

One was in his fifties, with a bit of a round body and had short stature. It was probably due to the excessive oiliness of his scalp that his brown-red hair, which was cut until his ears, Already had signs of balding. He jumped out of the cabin first, then looked back at his companion with a faint trace of nervousness and fear in his posture.

The latter was a young-looking man in his mid thirties, with a tall and straight body, donned in a set of expensive customized suit, just like those mature, proud gentlemen with distinguished identity. His dark hair that was neatly slicked backwards has the same color as his eyes, which compliments well with his slightly Eurasian feature, and he carried a kind of arrogant, aloof, and handsome demeanor.

"Your movements are a bit stiff, Edgar," he walked towards the older man and said in a condescending tone, "is it because of arthritis?"

Edgar lifted his shoulders a little, trying his best to make his movements more natural, and he said with a dry smile: "Yeah... my old arms and legs don't work so well anymore." He turned his head and looked towards the entrance of the airport. Several cars were approaching swiftly and finally stopped ten meters away in front of them.

A white man dressed in a suit got out of the car.

Surrounded by bodyguards in camouflage attire, he stepped forward. "I haven't seen you for a while, my old friend. How are you?" He hugged Edgar, and then enthusiastically extended his hand to the other gentleman next to him: "Welcome to the club, Mr. Garcia Yang, I'm the president's secretary, Oliver Greene. We always try our best to provide the members with the best quality service, so if there is anything you deemed unsatisfactory, please do tell."