Chapter 115: Allies & Visitors (1)

Taking advantage of the short break time after dinner, Sha Qing walked to the door of cell 1316.

Timothy was sitting against the bed frame, playing cards with two large White men on the floor. "You're blocking the light, get out of the way." he said without looking up.

"I've come to talk to you about something," Sha Qing said, "Alone."

Timothy raised his deep gray-blue eyes and examined him for a few seconds. "This better not waste my time, newbie," he said as he gestured to the other two people to get out.

Sha Qing came in, leaned his back against the long edge of the table nailed to the wall, and stood in front of him with his hands in his pants pockets. "Those are Malvo's men coming out of your room just now. Was it for the upcoming war?"

"You are quite straightforward." Timothy held the playing card in his left hand, and the fingertip of his right hand slid across the deck one by one, as if he was about to pick out the one that was about to be discarded, with an unpredictable look on his face.

"That Wolf sent you to be a lobbyist? It seems that he really trusts you, or should I say .... treating you as his pet? The whole district now knows he has a new favorite that he couldn't wait to tie to his pants 24/7."

"He and I are not in the kind of relationship you think we are." Sha Qing replied calmly.

"Whether it's true or not, I am not interested in that. What I wanted to know is how you managed to put down nine people all by yourself- do not try to deny that it wasn't your doing." Timothy raised an index finger, his eyes like a scalpel cutting through flesh and bone, dragging out the secrets hidden in the other man's body in gory detail.

"Don't forget that this is a prison, with eyes everywhere- someone saw you being taken into that room by the prison guard, and was then left alone. What I'm curious about is why you committed yourself to Wolf when you could easily take care of Malvo's gang? What exactly is your intention in mixing with the Bloods Gang?"

""

Sha Qing stared at Timothy and then the corners of his mouth slowly lifted into a light smile, "You really deserve to be called the "Godfather" since nothing can be hidden from you...In fact, the reason why I came to see you today isn't for that stupid battle between "red and blue" -who cares about who's going to win or lose between those two groups of black devils?"

Those words spoke into Timothy's heart: who cares about what others want to do? He only pursues his own interests, which was always the case.

"Then what is it that you want?"

"Benefits -I'm a pragmatist." Sha Qing leaned down, pulled a chain from his collar, and handed him the square metal tag dangling at the end, "You recognize this thing, don't you."

"...... Vaughan's blood plate?" Timothy narrowed his eyes, "I thought those things had long since accompanied that ridiculous old man into the soil underground. I heard he gave one to each of his seven adopted sons, just like a leash for a dog, as he wanted them to become like accessories that couldn't be removed from him, from body to heart. Incidentally, his throat got cut off by one of his adopted sons. Just like the saying goes, 'nurturing a tiger invites calamity'."

"That's what outsiders think. In reality, this thing is more than a leash, it's a key."

"A key?"

"The key to unlocking a bloody empire. Old Vaughan had been scheming all his life, but did not have his own offspring. He was determined to choose an heir among his seven adopted sons to continue leading the Bloods gang after his death, so he assigned tasks to each of the seven adopted sons and set a time for completion. He wanted to pick out the best of them, and that lucky one was Rafael Stoker. But he was not the final winner, because while he and the other five brothers obeyed the rules of the game, one guy disregarded the rules, and broke the order - he slit the throat of his adoptive father and boss, and finally got the position.