Chapter 50: Reincarnation (2)

Li Biqing looked at the nun who was struggling with pain and desire, and real pity seeped in his eyes.

Once the nature and instinct of the creature is bound, it'll be like a grass pressed under the ceramic slate that wants to find a slit to squeeze out to. And even if the gap is blocked, it will one day erupt with a powerful and deforming force-crazy, but that is the power of desire.

"You can choose to take off your nun's clothes, Emma, ​​and go back to the life that really suits you. God won't feel like he's wearing a green hat just because you got married and have children."

"It's too late!" The nun was swallowed in desperation, "If only.... If only someone had said such words to me in the past... before the first time I killed a person ... before I fell in love with Father Boyce ..."

Such words had been within Li Biqing's expectations. "Does Father know?" He asked.

"No, I kept hiding because I didn't want him to be disgusted by me." She sneered in disappointment. "Even if he knows, his body and mind are all dedicated to God. There is no space others..."

"So you can only love him in another way. The priest believes in that 'revelation' and puts his beliefs into action. You know everything about the basement, don't you?"

"Yes, I knew it years ago. I lend him hands and helped him clear the traces left behind," Emma murmured, "Only during those times could I feel that except for God, I am person closest to him ..."

"It's like a secret that belongs to only both of you, right? You enjoy that feeling." Li Biqing analyzed calmly, "Perhaps, one or two children did die of illness or accident, but after that, it was calm for a very long time. You started to feel empty, anxious, and dissatisfied. You prayed for God to reclaim a little servant as soon as possible, but to no avail. Finally, one day, you can no longer suppress the drive of your desires. In order to continue your unique relationship with the priest, you began to deliberately make accidents so that those children could die... Do you feel guilty, even once?"

"Maybe, but I don't regret it at all." The nun confessed quite simply, perhaps seeking the approval from others, "When you are determined to do anything for a person, even killing is not so difficult-sometimes you can even feel pleasure ... I don't know whether it's more pleasurable than being physically intimate with someone...I can't compare since I have no experience in this ... Can you tell me?"

Obviously, this was not a love in the normal sense. Some kind of deeper emotion dominated Emma, ​​and after she struggling to grow under the ceramic slab countless times, she finally found a breakthrough-killing. The desire to kill made her escape from her shackles completely.

Li Biqing shook his head, "No, I haven't killed anyone, so I can't compare those too. There is another point I can't understand-why did you just sink Renee to the bottom of the lake?"

"Because of her values which will only tarnish the priest. Those bad habits of hers -fighting, stealing, and lying- aren't anything like the other children," Emma replied coldly, "She isn't worthy of being Father Boyce's angel."

The nun frowned anxiously at the little girl who kept crying and kicking in front of her chest, "And you Debbie- if you grow up a little bit more, are you going to become like your sister?"

"-She won't. She's a good girl." As if he's struggling to wake up from a deep nightmare, the dark-haired agent finally recovered his voice, despite it being hoarse and rough, "Let her go, Emma. As long as you let her go, I will never shoot, and the car will be left to you. How about that?"

The nun showed an indifferent grin under the black veil, "No. I don't want to run away now. Even if I escaped from you two, do you think I would naively believe that I can still get away if I get chased down by a group of police cars and helicopters?"

"At least you can save a life. You have never done such a thing, right? Try it. I swear it would make you feel more happy than destroying a life." Leo carefully tried to convince her.

"My feelings are not important. Happy, or not, I don't care anymore." An abnormal and languid calmness appeared on Emma's face, like a person who was in the snow that suddenly started feeling hot, and even if after taking off their clothes, they couldn't cool down-that is a sign of imminent death. "I will stay in jail all my life. Even if visits are allowed, the priest who would eventually know the truth wouldn't want to see me again. So what does that kind of ending mean to me?"

"In that case, why don't I give the priest a final gift?" She bowed her head and kissed Debbie's temple, and whispered, "Send my feelings to him, little angel." Then, she lifted her wrist and stabbed it toward the swan-like white neck of the little girl-

The federal agent captured the strange look on the nun's face, and his sense of crisis, tempered by his profession, sounded the alarm in his mind. He instinctively stretched his hands to his back and held the spare gun. When Emma bowed her head and kissed Debbie's light-blonde hair, he pulled out his gun and aimed at the other party.

The blade reflected the bright light from the car's headlights. He knew he had to act decisively, but the crying face of the hostage was strongly affected his nerves, hindering his limbs from receiving rational commands. At that moment, the picture in front of him coincided with that bloody memory, and the tension, anxiety and fear came into him violently. Just like a patient suffering from severe muscle weakness, he couldn't even feel his fingers, nor could he control it to pull the trigger ... He felt like he himself was going to die any second!

When the blade was about to fall upon the girl's neck, Emma suddenly screamed.

No one expected that the little girl in her arms, who realized that crying was not effective, took out her usual tricks she used to deal with her mother and sister. She bit the arm that was holding her through the flesh like a predatory wolf that wouldn't let go of its prey.

Shocked by the sudden pain, Emma screamed and pulled the little child, who attacked her, with force as she tried to take back her arm.

Li Biqing let go of his finger and the gun fell onto the ground-no one noticed of when he picked up the hand gun resting on the ground. The little accident happening at the moment dispelled his idea of shooting the culprit himself, and he made another decision in the blink of an eye.

He flashed towards federal agent's back, and his right hand quickly assisted Leo's trembling elbow in a firm manner, while his left hand pressed the latter's stiff shoulder muscles. Like a shooting coach who was patiently guiding a beginner, his warm and strong chest supported the back of the other party as he whispered in his ear, "Shoot, Leo!"

The dark-haired agent's confused and blank pupil shrank sharply, and a voice from his dream exploded in his brain-

Shoot, Leo.

Shoot. You won't miss this time, because I'm behind you.

The serial killer said.

Take advantage of my strength, Leo. Let us end this infinite, fucked-up cycle.

Those words were like a huge torrent which instantly broke the blockage in his mind, and an irresistible force pushed his finger-