Chapter 58: The Nightingale & The Duke (1)

Luna Island, southern island's base, in a large room with four solid walls.

The crowd was more than a little surprised when few large men in camouflage uniforms walked in, handed out sportswear uniforms to everyone, and told them that they would start work the day after tomorrow.

"So soon? I thought we were going to have some close training first... ?" someone asked.

The man glanced at him mockingly, "Look around you- it's close enough, right? Training period? You still have one day and two nights to train yourself."

After saying such words, he left two big boxes behind and walked out with his companions.

The iron gate slammed shut again.

A Black youth shook the gate a few times. "It's locked!" He screamed, "Shit they can't just lock us up like this! This is illegal imprisonment!"

"Kid, can you spell the word 'Closed.'?" A White man with a short beard rolled his eyes at him and said in a bad tone, "Oh, I forgot, black devils have no time to go to school. They're only interested in fighting over broken balls, twerking their asses and dancing hip-hop on the streets."

The youngster stormed forward and swung a punch at the other's face, "What the fuck are you barking about huh?!"

The opponent fought him unwillingly. Some hot-blooded and enthusiastic people began to join the fray, spontaneously dividing themselves into two distinct factions by skin color - white on one side, black and brown on the other. The others were watching , cheering and adding fuel to the fire.

"Boring." said Luo Yi as he opened the cardboard box. He took out two sandwiches and a bottle of purified water.

Daniel, who was sitting beside him, began to race against time to eat, " A bunch of energetic idiots," he commented with disdain, "What would they even get if they win in this kind of fight?"

"Buddha fights for a stick of incense, people fight for a breath." Luo Yi had no interest in dry, hard beef, so he pulled it out and tossed it into Daniel's hand. He then grabbed the chicken thigh from Daniel's sandwich and stuffed it into his own bread as he concluded insightfully; "Putting cats and dogs, these two sworn rivals, in one cage will always lead into some sort of scuffle."

The former gang leader tolerantly acquiesced to the Asian youth's act of mugging his food, and gnawed on the slice of beef in disgust while sneering, "If someone gives money, I can beat them all on the ground by myself."

He didn't receive the Asian man's worshiping eyes as he had hoped, but instead attracted a nearby skinny boy who was desperately stuffing food into his mouth. He was a small White man with messy brown-red hair and a nose full of brown freckles who looked, at most, no more than twenty years old: "Really, man? You're that strong? You're not just bragging, are you?" Then, he leaned in and asked with bright eyes, "My name is Zeller, what's your name?"

Daniel glared at him indignantly and said harshly, "Am I talking to you? Get off my face!"

His dark temperament, which was built up from blood and human life, immediately frightened the poor boy, who hurriedly jumped up and scrambled several meters away.

Before the crowd gathered around the boxes upon realizing that eating was more important than fighting, Luo Yi grabbed another bottle of water and hid it on his body then said to Daniel: "Don't scare the weak chickens. If you have nothing to do, go fight that black guy, he just took advantage of the chaos to touch my ass."

Daniel knew that the 'black guy' he was referring to was Old Hei. Upon recalling that this guy had touched Luo Yi's thigh last night and was now completely ignoring his threat from that time, he completely became angry. His malevolent eyes scanned through the throng of people and set his sight on Old Hei squatting by the wall munching on a piece of sandwich: "...If he dares to move his hands again, I'll deal with him!"

"Be careful not to put yourself back in prison again. It doesn't really matter that much cause I'm not going to pick up the soap anyway." Luo Yi ate and drank his fill, cozily digging his ears with the tips of his little finger. His sloppy attitude made Daniel want to punch him, but even more so, fuck him under the shower head.

With some sort of dangerous mood, he tilted his head slowly towards Luo Yi and whispered to the man's ear, "One day, I'll fuck you up the ass until it blossoms. Just wait, bitch."

The Asian young man sneered and shot back, "I'm waiting, little wolfdog."

.
.
.

After the chaotic group dinner, the company seemed like they remembered to give their 'workers' a compensation. The camouflaged men opened the door again and handed out some 'goods'. The crowd, who had tasted the sweetness before, was suddenly in high spirits, as if all the disputes and complaints had been dispelled together with the lingering light smoke. Some of them, who were not satisfied with the 'leaves' and K-powder, even reached out to the White powder

Daniel took a marijuana cigarette between his fingers and handed it to Luo Yi, "Try again? This time, I guarantee that you'll feel good."

The latter flicked his hand away in distaste: "Fuck off, do you really want me to light up a cigarette and shove it up your ass?"

"Okay then. I'll leave you be so that you can continue on pretending that you're pure." Daniel chuckled as he withdrew his hand.

Luo Yi glanced at the smoky crowd and asked him, "You're not going to try the high quality stuff?"

"I'm not that stupid." Daniel played with the cigarette roll between his fingers.

"Do you know how much these things used to pass in my hands? I'm familiar with these things- it's okay to smoke the soft ones, but if I get into those hard ones, I'm done for life." He lit the cigarette roll with his lighter, took a deep puff, and closed his eyes. His drifting fluttering expression seemed transparent and unreal in the blue smoke.

Luo Yi looked at the man who was drowning in pleasure, his deep amber eyes were cold and devoid of any emotion, before picking up the red-orange uniform that was handed out. He then headed to his bed.

A few moments later, Daniel followed and lay on the lower bunk bed while muttering, "I hate red-orange, it reminds me of the Riker's Island

Luo Yi ignored him and instead stared at the dirty lines on the ceiling while thinking silently: the day after tomorrow... the day after tomorrow.....