Chapter 108: Untouchable (2)

Start from the beginning

"Sounds awesome, but unfortunately I've never found this damn sign to be useful."

"As times change, untimely things will always be eliminated. Maybe twenty years ago, some people would have recognized and feared that sign, but now it can only be used in the gangster museum- if there is one."

"So, it doesn't matter if I keep on wearing it? It's a family legacy. I don't want to lose it."

"It shouldn't be. After all, the leaders of that era had already died or retired, and even if there were a few active people, they're all really old... Oh, yes, one of them was still in 'The Grave', with more than 30 felonies, and more than 800 years of imprisonment. It's estimated that even his bones would have to rot in the prison. Perhaps you've heard of him- Rafael Stoker, also one of old Vaughan's adopted sons."

" 'The Grave'? You mean Rikers Island?" An imperceptible ghostly light swept across the bottom of Sha Qing's eyes.

"It's that island with ten prisons of varying security, five of which are felony prisons. Incidentally, my unlucky old brother is locked up in one of them."

"You also said that those are old tales, so why do you know the inside story so well?"

Alessio showed a bashful smile, "Like you said, the family heritage." He twisted the lid of the anti-inflammatory ointment and carefully pierced a small hole in the seal of the tube of cream as he spoke, "You really don't need my help? It's no big deal, it's just like getting stabbed a few times. When I was 15, I almost put the barrel of the gun into my mouth. But later, I thought it was stupid to punish myself for assholes who deserves to go to hell."

"...... What happened to those people later?"

Alessio shrugged, "The meat grinder works really well." He pulled up his pants and showed Sha Qing the deep, old scar on his heel, "I never got that scar removed to remind myself that if you're hurt by someone, The solution is simple: just get rid of them."

Shu Qing blinked, like a good student troubled by a difficult problem, "But I don't want to kill him."

Alessio wanted to touch The man's long and straight black eyelashes, but he held himself back and replied, "Then an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

Sha Qing nodded, "Right. That day will surely come."

.

.

.

""

When Leo walked out of the MCC building, he saw Rob sitting in his car waiting for him. As soon as the green-eyed agent met his eyes, he was asked impatiently, "Well, you didn't choke him to death in a fit of rage, did you? You'd really lose your job!"

"Don't worry, he's still alive. But," Leo paused, "I guess he'll be in pain for a while."

Rob patted him on the shoulder, "Don't show that guilty look. He asked for it. By the way, while you went to teach that little villain a lesson, I dug up Channing's life trajectory for the past 36 years and found a good breakthrough.

He has a beautiful wife and two daughters, as well as an adopted son from an orphanage. But the thing is, this nominally adopted son was, in fact, born to his young mistress, who, in turn, is his wife's niece - isn't that challenging ethics and morality? Life is truly full of melodrama. Say, if his model wife and rich father-in-law come to know about this, would they slap him and then throw the divorce agreement in his face? "

Leo nodded, "As the party who's at fault, not only will he have to pay a large amount of alimony and lose custody of his children, he's also going to be held legally responsible for that extramarital affair. In addition, if his wife's niece was underage when they first started their affair, he's done for."

"The consequences of the 'wrong evidence due to a momentary lapse of care' charge are much less severe than the loss of a wife." Rob stepped on the accelerator and whistled happily, "I can't wait to go knock some sense into him, that self-serving, scheming old crocodile!"

.

.

.

Two hours later, they arrived at Channing Gonzalez's office, looking at the restless, ashen-faced lawyer across the table, both feeling a strong sense of excitement.

After a long time of mental struggle, Channing could only clutch his head in frustration in the end, transforming his carefully groomed hair into a mess, "Okay, you guys win, but we have to sign an agreement ..."

Just then, his mobile phone rang. Channing took out his phone irritably, glanced at it, and pressed the answer button. Seconds later, the countenance on his face suddenly froze, followed by an uncanny expression yet at the same time he looked like he heard something that suits his fancy.

""

After hanging up the call, he sneered at the two FBI agents across from him, "I think you don't need to set yourself against me anymore. Do you still need to embarrass me, a little shrimp, when a big fish just got caught?"

"What do you mean?" Rob asked.

"It means that Mr. Sha Qing, the most troublesome suspect in the case you are most concerned about, has just agreed to plead guilty."

.

.

.

"What the hell is going on here?" Back in the car, Rob asked Leo incredulously, "That recalcitrant Sha Qing was actually willing to admit that he's guilty? Leo, what did you do to him before? Purify his mind with holy water?"

Leo frowned unconsciously, "This isn't his usual way of doing things at all, unless... he has some new layout and plan. Either way, Something doesn't feel right.

"I agree." Rob said, "But if he wants to confess, he'll have to explain everything. This way, we'll at least come to know his true identity."

"You're gonna believe about his so-called 'true identity'? I won't." Leo smiled, turned the steering wheel and drove toward the FBI office building,

"You go inform the relevant personnel who previously investigated Sha Qing's records and hand over all the existing information to me.

"You want to investigate it yourself? Then this case..."

"I'll leave it all to you. Anyway, he's going to plead guilty, isn't he?"

"He had, basically, already confessed his crimes. Why do you have to be so serious? There's more than twenty years of information, so you're like looking for a needle in a haystack, plus it's enough to keep you busy for several months, even if you forgo eating and sleeping. It's not worth it." Despite his deep understanding of his partner's stubbornness, Rob still tried to persuade him.

Leo was silent for a moment and said in a low voice, "Because I want to know what happened at the window."