Chapter 32: Bedside Visitors (1)

Start from the beginning

Damn it. Leo said in his throat.

"Can't speak yet? Well, I can't say anything good anyway." Anthony put his two arms on the back of his chair, and rested his chin on his forearm, "I heard that you were beaten half dead by two dudes like a sandbag. What did you do in my fighting class before? Jumping like a little girl in Swan Lake? "

Leo reached out sharply to pull the needle from the back of his right hand. He seemed to want to get up and give him another punch. Anthony was startled and quickly held his arm, "Okay, okay, the joke ends here. In addition to visiting you, I would like to ask, how did the bastard die? Did he say anything before dying?"

The dark-haired detective knew that he was referring to his old enemy in the fighting field, 'Devil King' Evans. Oh, they're both from the Siberian training camp where, perhaps, this hatred began. It seemed that this hatred could not be eliminated until death.

Speaking of which, Leo thought that he still have to thank that match in the training room. Although the teasing component was far more than the teaching, Anthony's two-chain legs that beat him left an impression on him, and used it on his previous fight. It is undeniable that if it weren't for these two hits, even if Evans was momentarily distracted, it would be difficult for him to topple this opponent.

As he thought of this, Leo picked up the pen and wrote a sentence, "He died from that technique you were well-known off, and he recognized it before he died."

Anthony breathed in the smell of paper with an addiction, and revealed an intoxicated look of satisfaction. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the thrill of an indirect victory. He opened his eyes after a while, and there was a rare seriousness in his tone, "Thank you, Leo. I owe you a favor."

""

Leo twisted his neck uncomfortably and wrote, "I will not answer 'You're welcome'. In fact, the best way to express your gratitude is to go away."

Anthony had to get up, and after a few steps, he returned to the bedside. He took out a pocket knife about 10 cm long from his jacket, and threw it on the patient's thin quilt. "The visiting gift." He finished, and walked out of the ward.

Leo recognized at a glance that this is a Victorinox pocket knife, commonly known as a Swiss Army knife. This style should be 'Huntsman'. The unique cross logo printed on the handle indicates that it is a professional hunting knife. After playing around with it for a while, he found that the manufacturer's initials were engraved in a hidden place. He was quite fond of the knife and therefore did not intend to return it pretentiously. Of course, if he really did, who knows what Anthony will do because of his face.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

When Rob pushed the door in, Leo was still fiddling with out of boredom, pressing back accessories such as wood saws, screwdrivers, and curly-toothed scythes.

"Hah, I know you will get bored when you wake up, so I came over to break some wild stuff to you." The brown-haired and green-eyed agent sat proudly on the bedside chair.

"Is this 'wild stuff' about a supervisor who mistakenly sent sex videos to the office network, or something like that? That's not necessary, I know your taste." His partner said unceremoniously.

"No, no, it's different this time. It's about the guy whose head got shot."

Rob started talking eloquently, "That guy named Martin Seley, spent two years in the Ranger. After retiring, he found out that his wife got lonely and impatient thus, she climb over the wall and got in touch with a policeman who often patrolled the community. When Seley returned home without a word, the man and woman were rolling on the sheets passionately on his marriage bed. He broke out on the spot, grabbed the policeman's gun, and finally caused one death and one serious injury. He spent 12 years in prison for that- if it wasn't for the final verdict of 'passionate homicide' he would not have been able to go out until he died."

"No wonder he targeted the police- it's because of his wife's infidelity, that he was angered by the entire law enforcement system." Leo replied.

"Yes, mostly. In addition, his character is solitary and rude, so his only friend was Samuel Evans. The two met in an online chess game room. It just happened that the 'online friend' he made-Devil King, was truly not good in character. After quitting the black market fighting game, Evans still missed the feeling of kicking other people's heads, but it's a pity that this hobby of his cannot be seen on the light. The two of them hit it off after some time, and eventually played such a bloody killing game." Rob's complexion gradually became gloomy, with a touch of disgust and resentment in his eyes. It seems that the shadow left by Mike's death was still there, and it would be difficult to remove for a long time.