71 - New Year

The rest of the year went by in the blink of an eye, and before anyone could realize it was New Year's Eve. Charlotte and Adam were throwing a New Year's party and it would serve as a housewarming one as well. They invited Jamie and I, as well as the rest of the band and their couples, and Tom; I was so happy to hear that everyone was going. I was particularly excited to see Breana and Kelly; I hadn't seen them in a long time, since before their babies were born.

I had a week off work due to the holiday season, and I've been spending it in Jamie's apartment. In fact, today was the day I was going back to my apartment after staying over at Jamie's for a couple of days. I was getting ready there and Jamie would be picking me up.

So, after having lunch together, I drove back to my apartment. I decided to take a quick nap before starting to get ready, and made sure to put on an alarm so I wouldn't oversleep. I got underneath my sheets, and enjoying how my bed felt after not sleeping in it for a few days.

I quickly drifted off to sleep and I was woken up by my phone. At first I thought it was my alarm, but when I grabbed my phone to turn it off, I saw that Jamie was calling me.

- Hi - I answered the call.

- Fuck's sake, are you alright? - he asked, and sounded quite worried.

- Yeah, why? I was sleeping - I said, confused.

- It's a little past eight - he chuckled, making me almost jump from the bed. He was supposed to pick me up at half past seven, so I had clearly overslept.

- Fuck, my alarm didn't go off - I said as I internally cursed the alarm. - Did you arrive? -

- Yeah, I'm in the hall -.

I hung up and quickly went to open the front door. Jamie was standing outside, and instead of greeting him, I ran to the bathroom to start getting ready. I had a quick shower and then stood in front of my closet, trying to figure out to wear. I put on black trousers and a white blouse, and took a black coat out to put on later.

I liked the outfit, but once I looked in the mirror I started to have some doubts, so I searched for a second opinion.

- Do you like this? - I asked Jamie, who moved his gaze from the TV to look at me. - I'm not so sure if I like it -.

- I love it. Come here - he said, and I walked closer to him.

- You look beautiful. And always remember that you're the most stunning woman I've ever seen - he said as he put his hands on the back of my thighs, giving them a little squeeze, and I felt my knees go weak and some color rush to my cheeks.

- Thank you - I smiled, and ran my hands through his blond hair. - I'll do my make up and we can go -.

Once I finished, I put on a pair of black boots and grabbed my purse and coat. When I entered the lounge, Jamie turned off the TV and got ready to leave.

- I'm sorry you had to wait in the hall - I said shyly once we had been a few minutes on the road, feeling guilty for oversleeping.

- Hey, it's okay - he chuckled. - I was worried, that's all -.

- Well, I'm going to give you a key to my apartment. In case anything like this happens again - I said.

- Really? - he asked, and his face lit up.

- Yeah - I smiled.

After a 30 minute drive, Jamie parked the car in front of Charlotte's new house. You could see a few people through the window, so we made our way towards the front door and rang the doorbell.

- Hi! - Charlotte opened the door and smiled widely.

- Hello! - I smiled brightly and trapped her in a big hug.