32 - Pasta & Dessert

- What? - I asked him. I didn't know if I was imagining things or if I had actually heard him correctly.

- I want you to be my girlfriend - he repeated with a smile. - Would you be my girlfriend? -

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer to me.

- I'd love to - I said after I kissed him.

He kissed me again and I felt like my heart could burst out from happiness.

- We should get back - I said and Jamie nodded. He grabbed my hand and we started walking back to the house.

- You know, I wanted to wait for the perfect moment to ask you. Do something super romantic or summat - he said after a while. - But I realized that every moment with you is perfect, and I didn't want to waste any more time - he smiled at me and I could feel my cheeks heating up.

- God, you're so adorable - I said, and as I hugged his arm, he kissed my forehead.

We kept walking hand in hand, and when we were close to the house, Jamie spoke.

- Do you want to tell the lads? Or keep it to ourselves for now? - he asked me.

- I don't care. I'll be alright with whatever you choose. They are your friends after all - I shrugged.

- Come on, you know they're your friends too - he said, giving my hand a squeeze.

- I know. But they're closer to you, that's what I meant - I explained.

- I get your point. If I choose not to tell them yet, you won't say anything? - he asked me and I shook my head.

- Not even to Nick? - he said and I chuckled.

- No - I replied.

- But you love to gossip with him! - he exclaimed and I giggled.

- Yeah, but we gossip about other people. It's not so fun if it is about us - I shrugged and Jamie chuckled.

Once we arrived, I opened the door and left the keys on the counter. Nick and Kelly were having breakfast in the kitchen.

- Hello - I said as I entered the kitchen, with Jamie walking behind me.

- Hello - the couple replied with a smile.

- Are the others still asleep? - Jamie asked and Nick shook his head.

- Al woke up inspired so he's writing - the bassist said. - And Matt's in the pool I think -.

Jamie nodded and left the room to go outside, probably looking for his mates. I sat down in a kitchen stool and chatted with the couple. Nick wanted to cook lunch and we agreed to help him.

After a couple of hours, we were eating some delicious pasta that Nick, Kelly and I had made. Well, honestly, Nick did most of the work; he was an amazing cook. Jamie should learn from him.

- This is very good - Matt said with his mouth full of food.

- Thanks mate - Nick replied with a smile.

- So where did you go earlier? - Alex asked, looking at Jamie and me.

- I was going for a walk and Jamie decided to join me - I shrugged.

- Cookie here can't leave you alone, can he, huh? - Matt said, teasing the guitarist. Jamie chuckled and shook his head.

- Shut up - he said.

- The city is beautiful, isn't it? - Alex said and I nodded.

- It is - I replied and then me and Jamie told them about the places we had visited.

- Did you manage to write something? - I asked Alex, trying to make some small talk.

- Yeah - he said with a sad smile. - But everything I write is about her. I don't want another album being about Alexa - he sighed.

- It's okay mate - Matt said patting his shoulder. - We'll help you write - he smiled.

- Yeah - Jamie said. - I've got some ideas and some guitar riffs that may turn into something good - he smiled.

We kept chatting as we ate, and then we ate dessert: fruit and ice cream. It was delicious. Once we finished eating, Nick and Kelly started to pick up the dishes and take them to the kitchen. Alex was about to get up to help, when Jamie cleared his throat.

- Uh, I actually need to tell you something - the guitarist said and gave my thigh a squeeze. All the eyes were on him.

- Did something happen? - Alex asked with a concerned look on his face.

- Yeah, is something wrong? - Matt said.

- No, no, nothing's wrong - Jamie calmed his friends. - Actually, I, uhm... - he started saying and his grip on my thigh tightened.

- I asked Phoebe to be my girlfriend - he said after a couple of seconds and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach.

- Weren't you two together already? - Matt said with a raised eyebrow.

- No - Jamie replied.

- Really? - Matt insisted and Jamie nodded. This really reminded me of the conversation I had had with Kelly.

- It was about time then - Matt chuckled. - I'm glad you're happy - he smiled.

- I'm happy for you both - Alex smiled.

- Thank you - I smiled at both of them.

The other couple replied with a 'me too' as well.

- Jamie, come here - Nick said taking a step forward, and Jamie furrowed his eyebrows as he got up from his chair.

Nick got closer to the guitarist and grabbed his shoulder.

- I'm not saying this as your friend - he said pointing at Jamie. - I'm saying this as Phoebe's friend - he pointed at me and I tried really hard not to laugh.

- If you do anything to her - he stopped and looked at me. - I will beat your ass with your own guitar - he finished.

- Okay - Jamie said.

- Anyways, I'm very happy for you two - Nick smiled. - Don't forget my words though - he pointed at Jamie and then walked towards me and hugged me.

The rest of the day went by and once I finished packing I phoned Charlotte to tell her the news.

- Oh my god! - she screamed down the line. - Finally! -

- I know - I laughed.

- I'm so happy for you - she said and my eyes teared up a little.

- Thank you - I said with a big smile.

We kept chatting and eventually it got late and we hung up. Then somebody knocked on the door.

- Come in - I said.

- Hey - Jamie said and I quickly went to hug him.

- Are you going to sleep here tonight? - I asked him with a big smile.

- Only if you want me to - he said, looking down at me.

- Of course I want you to, you idiot - I said and he laughed.

He went to change into his sleeping clothes and we went to bed. We kissed each other goodnight and I fell asleep with my face buried on his neck and his arms wrapped around me, as he gently stroked my arm.

That night I didn't just fell asleep in Jamie's arms. I fell asleep in my boyfriend's arms, and I couldn't be happier.