59 - Stay here

- I'm sorry for bothering you - I said to Jamie after I closed the car's door.

- Don't apologize. I'm happy to help you - he said as he drove away from the building.

Silence filled the car until we arrived to Jamie's building, and we didn't say a word until we got to his apartment.

- I'm sorry about the mess - he said shyly as he unlocked the door.

I didn't say anything as I looked around the living room. There were a few toys here and there, but it wasn't messy; in fact, they made the apartment feel like a home. It wasn't a big apartment, but it wasn't small either. There were two rooms, a big lounge, kitchen and dining room.

- It's nice - I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

- Do you want anything to drink? - he asked me.

- A glass of water, please - I replied and he nodded.

I followed him into the kitchen and he took out two glasses, and filled them with water.

- Thank you - I said to him as he handed me one. I took a zip of it and then stood in silence.

- Did something happen? - Jamie asked after a few seconds, and I could feel my eyes tear up.

- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked - he said.

- It's okay - I said to him. He had every right to ask. I was staying at his place after all. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself, and told him what happened.

- Liam cheated on me, so I ended things. We lived together, and I didn't have a place to stay - I said and more tears streamed down my face. - My dad is away and Charlotte didn't pick up, so I called you - I told him, and looked at him, pressing my lips.

- I'm so glad you called - he said and walked towards me, wrapping his arms around me. I cried as he hugged me, and he rubbed my back.

- You're okay - he whispered to me.

After a few minutes I managed to calm down.

- I'm sorry - I said to him as I wiped my eyes.

- Stop apologizing - he said and I gave him a smile. - Now, I will order some food and we're going to watch some TV. Sounds good? -

- Yeah - I nodded.

We spent the next few hours watching movies and eating pizza and ice cream. We decided to call it a night when I started falling asleep on Jamie's shoulder.

- Hey - I heard him whisper, so I opened my eyes. - Let's go to sleep. You're tired -.

- I'm not - I mumbled.

- You are falling asleep. Come on, you can have my bed -.

- Okay. Where are you sleeping? - I asked, trying to keep my eyes open.

- Here on the settee. Forrest's crib is too small for me - he joked, and I chuckled.

- Alright - I said. I didn't want to take his bed, but I also was too tired to protest, so I gave in.

We said good night to each other, and I changed into the pijamas I had put in my bag. As soon as my head touched the pillow, I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning when the sunlight hit my face; I had forgotten to close the curtains before I went to bed, so they were wide open and the daylight was filling the room.

I rubbed my eyes as I got out of the bed, and went to check my phone to see if Charlotte had called me back, but there was nothing. I would wait for a while to see if she called me back; if not, I would be going to her apartment and check if she was there.

I put on a hoodie and left the room to grab a glass of water. To get to the kitchen I had to walk through the living room, and I saw Jamie sleeping on the settee, snoring softly with a few strands of hair over his face. I smiled to myself seeing him like that.

After I grabbed a glass of water, I returned to the room and made the bed before changing clothes. I was putting on my bra, and then the door opened.

- Shit, I'm sorry - Jamie said under his breath and turned around.

- It's alright. Nothing you haven't seen before, right? - I joked.

- You can look now - I said after I had put on a t-shirt.

Jamie looked at me and his cheeks where slightly red.

- Sorry - he said as he rubbed the back of his head.

- Don't worry - I smiled and then put my pijamas in my bag, closing it.

- You're leaving? - Jamie asked, and I nodded. - Oh, I was hoping you would stay for lunch - he said with a sad smile.

- I don't want to intrude - I said shyly. - I think I've bothered you enough -.

- You don't bother me, okay? - he said and I gave him a shy smile. - I like your company -.

- I like yours too - I replied and we smiled to each other.

- I was thinking of making pasta for lunch. Like make it ourselves and everything - Jamie said, leaning on the door frame.

- Sounds good - I smiled.

- Good. I have to go out now, to pick up Forrest and take him to his friend's house, but I'll be back in an hour or so. You wait for me here and when I come back we make lunch - he said.

- Okay - I nodded.

- Please make yourself at home - he smiled.

After getting ready, Jamie left and I was left all alone in his apartment. It was strange at first, but I made myself comfortable and tried to work a little, so I could distract my mind from what had happened with Liam. I was writing an email when my phone started ringing, and Charlotte was the one calling.

- God, where the fuck were you? - I said to her.

- I was at Adam's and my phone ran out of battery, and I forgot the charger at home. I'm sorry love - she said. - Did something happen? -

- Uh, yeah. To sum up, I broke up with Liam yesterday and I need a place to live now. I was hoping we could live together again? - I explained to her, and waited for her answer.

- Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Are you alright? And of course you can - she replied.

- I'm better, thank you. I'll get there in the evening -.

- Okay. Wait, where are you right now? -

- Uhh, I'll explain everything later. I'm at Jamie's - I said and I laughed when I heard Charlotte's gasp.

- What?! -

- It's a long story - I giggled.

- Okay, I want the details. I'll see you later -.

- Bye Char -.

- Goodbye - she said and hung up.

A while later Jamie came back. I was sitting with my laptop on the dinner's room table.

- Are you ready to cook? - he asked me and I nodded with a smile, getting up.

- Let's go then - he said, grabbing my legs and picking me up, and then heading to the kitchen.