61 - Night out, Part 1

- September 2015 -

It had been a few months since my break up with Liam, and even though it was hard to move on at first, I could feel that I was finally over him.

A few days after the breakup, Charlotte and I went to Liam's apartment while he was out and took all of my things. It was a bit emotional for me, but after a lot of ice cream and shitty movies I was alright. Tom and Charlotte really helped me with everything, and work was a very helpful distraction, and after a couple of weeks, the memories didn't hurt anymore. I was still angry at Liam for what he had done, but that anger would disappear with time.

A couple of days ago I had received a text from Nick asking me, Charlotte and Tom to join him and the band on a night out. I asked my two friends and they said yes, so I told the bassist we were going.

I guess he told the rest of the band, because I got a text from Jamie offering to pick me and Charlotte up and then dropping us home. I thanked him but told him that we were going with Tom.

I was very excited about seeing the Monkeys again; I hadn't seen them in a long time.

While I was getting ready to leave, I was searching for something to wear and keep me warm, since it was cold at night. While I looked between my clothes, I found a thing that I hadn't seen in a long time, and even forgot about it: Jamie's leather jacket. I smiled to myself and put it on, and it matched the outfit perfectly.

Tom picked us up at around 7:30 pm, and in around 20 minutes we got to the pub. It was hard to find a parking spot, but we managed to find one three blocks away.

We entered the pub, and looked around, trying to find the group of men.

- I found them. Follow me - Tom said, leading the way.

When we were closer to the table, I spotted Nick and almost ran to hug him.

- Nick! - I said. - Oh, I've missed you so much - I said while I trapped him in a hug.

- Me too - he laughed and wrapped his arms around me.

Then I said hello to Jamie and Matt, and went back and sat next to Nick, with Charlotte by my side and Jamie in front of me.

- How's Hearst and Kelly? - I asked Nick, who was drinking some of his beer.

- Oh, they are very good. Hearst is dying to meet auntie Phoebe - he said, making me giggle.

- I will visit one of these days, I promise - I smiled.

The next 20 minutes went on while we chatted and drank. Tom had gotten me and Charlotte our favorite drinks, and we laughed because he was just drinking water.

- I find it adorable how responsible you are - Charlotte said, and Tom smiled.

We were talking about something when Alex and a man with a buzz cut arrived. I felt like I had seen him before, but couldn't remember his name.

- Hey everybody - Alex said, waving his hand. - For those who don't know him, this is Miles - Alex said and patted the man on the back.

Miles, I remembered him now. He was at Alex's party and was part of The Last Shadow Puppets.

- Hi - Miles said and we all said hello back.

They said their hellos to everyone and sat at the end of the table. Conversation started again afterwards and in the blink of an eye I finished my drink.

I asked Charlotte if she could move so I could get out of the booth and go to the bar.

- Do you want anything? - I asked her before I left.

- No, thank you - she smiled.

- Are you getting a drink? - Jamie asked me just as I was to walk away.

- Yeah - I nodded.

- I'm coming too. My beer is gone - he said and got up from his seat.

We walked towards the bar and ordered our drinks. It must've been my third drink by then, and I was feeling a little bit tipsy. I ordered a Cosmopolitan and Jamie another beer, and while we were waiting, a man approached me.

- Hey there. What's your name? - he asked me, and I gave Jamie a quick glance, but he was looking at the situation with an amused face.

- Uh, Charlotte - I lied and put on the best fake smile I could.

- Gorgeous name, just like you - he winked and I internally cringed. - I was hoping I could buy you a drink and chat - he smiled.

- Uhm, I'm with my friends, sorry - I said, trying to get him to leave.

- It won't take long. You can return to your friends in a few minutes - he replied.

- I have a boyfriend - I said, grabbing Jamie's arm, hoping it would work.

- Oh, I'm sorry. Congratulations man - he said and left.

- So I'm your boyfriend now, uh? - Jamie said with a smirk.

- Just for the night. To keep weird men away - I rolled my eyes and grabbed my drink.

- Well, it's better than nothing - he replied, taking a zip of his beer.

We returned to the table afterwards, and Matt had stolen my seat, so I sat next to Jamie on the other side of the table. I engaged in a conversation with Miles and Alex, and then Jamie joined the conversation. When the two men left to get another drink, I turned to look at Jamie. He gave me a confused look as I stared at him.

- I like your hair this way - I said, giving it a slight ruffle. - It suits you. Maybe you should let it grow longer -.

- You think so? - he smiled.

- Yeah -.

- Maybe I will - he said, and I smiled.

As the night went by, more drinks kept coming, and at around 2 am, Charlotte and I were definitely drunk. Tom decided that we had drunk enough and it was time to leave; lucky for him, we didn't protest, because we were too tired and just wanted to sleep.

We said our goodbyes, and when it was the turn to say goodbye to Jamie, I was about to kiss his cheek when he whispered something in my ear.

- I had a great time tonight - he said.

- Me too - I smiled.

- I was wondering if maybe you would like to go out one day, just the two of us - he said, and I couldn't help but drunkenly smile.

- I'd love to -.

- Great. I'll call you one of these days - he smiled.

- Bye - I said and kissed his cheek.

- Goodbye -.