26 - If I lay here

We only were in Asia for a couple of days; the Monkeys played in Japan and South Korea. Jamie and I had kept whatever we had going on low profile, so nobody, not even his band mates, found out. We settled for quick glances throughout the day and small contact, like how our legs touched if we sat next to each other.

Although we didn't have to be subtle in the hotel room. Since Alexa was with us, she was in a room with Alex, Matt and Nick were staying together, and Jamie and I were going to share a room as well.

- You sure you want to share with him? - Nick asked me, clearly concerned. He was aware of what had happened between us in London, but didn't know about our current situation.

- Yes Nick, don't worry. I'll be fine - I said and nudged his shoulder.

- If he does anything you call me and I will beat his guitarist ass - he pointed at me with big eyes.

- I will - I laughed.

The room was rather small. It had two beds, with a nightstand between them. It had big windows, and since we were high up, you could see a big part of the city from there.

The first night was a little bit awkward. It was the night before their show in Japan. We were already in bed, separately. Our room was silent and the tension could be cut with a knife. It was late, and the only light that filled the room was coming from the lamp on the nightstand.

I was reading while Jamie looked at the ceiling. I wondered what he was thinking about. After a while, tiredness kicked in and I left the book aside. As I put it on the nightstand, Jamie shifted and was laying on his side, facing me. We made eye contact and he smiled; I returned him the smile and got under the sheets.

I laid on my side and looked at the guitarist. He was still looking at me. I turned off the light and darkness filled the room. Despite not being able to see anything, I could still feel his gaze over me. I closed my eyes so I could get some sleep, and eventually I drifted off to sleep.

After their show in Japan, we went to South Korea. We slept there after their show and the next morning we were flying to the United States.

I was about to doze off when I felt the mattress shift because of some extra weight. Jamie had sat on the edge of my bed. I didn't protest or say anything, and after a couple of seconds, he laid next to me. I moved closer to him, and rested my head on his chest; I could listen to his heartbeat, and it was faster than normal.

He wrapped an arm around me and hugged me closer to him. We both laid there, in the darkness of the hotel room, only filled with the noise of our breathings. I fell asleep like that, and woke up the next morning in Jamie's arms.

- Good morning - he said with a groggy voice.

- Good morning - I said with a smile. I leant over to look at my phone and check the time. - We should get ready to leave - I said and yawned.

- Ugh, can't we just lay in here for five more minutes? - he said rubbing his eyes.

- I guess that wouldn't hurt - I shrugged.

Jamie kissed me softly and hugged me closer to him. I let out a sigh, trying to capture the moment, and he kissed my forehead. We looked into each other's eyes and he leant in to kiss me, but someone started to bang the door.

- Get up you wankers! - Nick yelled from outside. Both of us sighed, annoyed because we got interrupted.

- We're coming! - Jamie yelled back.

We would be traveling around the States in a touring bus, and I was very excited about it. I would be probably missing sleeping in a hotel bed, but I felt like this was the real experience of the tour. Each one of us had their own bunk, so I was looking forward to having a little more privacy. There was a small lounge, a small kitchen as well, and a bathroom, of course.

We flew straight to Dallas, and the bus was waiting for us there. The Monkeys had a free day before their show, but we were too tired so we stayed in the bus and watched movies the whole evening.

We went to bed early and once again, I found myself not being able to sleep. I decided to listen to some music, but I had left my headphones in the lounge.

Quietly, I went to get them. As I was returning to my bunk, I was too focused untangling the headphones, so I didn't notice that someone was in the hall and bumped into the person. It was too dark, so I couldn't figure out who it was until he spoke.

- Hey, I was looking for you - Jamie whispered.

- Is something wrong? - I asked.

- No. I couldn't sleep - he said. - Do you mind if I lay here, with you? - he said, and sounded nervous.

- Not at all - I said smiling, even though he couldn't see it.

I got in my bed and he laid next to me. I offered him a headphone, and we listened to music together. It was a very intimate moment. I always thought that one of the best things is to have the same music taste as another person.

Jamie wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. I guess I fell asleep, because I woke up the next morning. I was cold, so I went to hug Jamie but there was no one there. My bed was empty.

I felt a little disappointed and sad. I was hoping to wake up next to him. My stomach rumbled, so I got up and went to make myself something to eat.

- Fuck, you were supposed to still be in bed! - Jamie yell-whispered.

He was standing in the hall, with a plate full of pancakes and a cup of coffee in his hands. His hair was messy, but he looked better than ever.

- Is that for me? - I asked, shocked, and he nodded.

- Yeah - Jamie shrugged. - Wanted to do something nice for you - he smiled.