28 - She's Thunderstorms

- Huh, looks like you had some time to go to the hairdresser - I said bitterly, looking straight at Jamie.

- Yeah, do you like it? - Alex asked me with a smirk, running a hand through his hair.

- It suits you - I smiled.

I decided to watch the movie with Nick and ignore Jamie. I knew he wouldn't bother me if I was around other people. A while had passed and I was enjoying the movie, but someone interrupted us.

- Hey, uh, can I talk to you Phoebe? - Jamie asked me nervously.

- Sure, what do you want? - I asked him, looking at him with anger clear in my eyes.

- Uhm, alone? - he added.

- I'm watching a movie - I said, looking back at the TV. I grabbed a handful of popcorn Nick had brought and ate it.

- Please? - he asked again, and Nick gave me a confused look.

- Ugh, fine - I said and rolled my eyes. I got up and got out of the bus, with Jamie following me.

I turned around and looked at him, with my arms folded.

- I'm sorry - he said with a sad face. He looked like he meant it, but I wasn't buying it.

- Don't apologize, please. I had an amazing time by myself. Sat waiting for an hour, pretty sure the waiters were making fun of me and then I walked around the city. It was a lovely day - I said, sarcastically.

- Something came up, with Alex. He and Alexa broke up - he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

- Really? He seemed just fine - I said with a raised eyebrow. - And before I left Alexa was telling me how wonderful Alex is - he was really starting to get on my nerves. Why couldn't he just admit that he didn't want to go?

- Look, he was devastated. He loved her so much, but they both agreed it was for the best, or that's what Al told me - he explained. - I really wanted to go, but I couldn't leave him like that - he sighed.

- For being heartbroken he sure knows how to pick a good hairstyle - I said with an unamused look on my face.

- He said he wanted to change his hairstyle for a while now - he shrugged.

- Uh-huh. Sure - I said, not quite believing him.

- I'm so sorry Phoebe - he said, looking me in the eyes and getting closer to me.

- I guess I'll see you around - I said, swallowing the lump in my throat, and got inside the bus.

Once I sat next to Nick, he asked me what Jamie wanted, and I told him that it was nothing important. He didn't ask anything more. We finished the movie and then it was time to get ready for the show. I ignored Jamie for what was left of the day until the show started.

I realized that ever since we left the bus Alex had been a bit down. Alexa wasn't at the show either, but maybe her flight had left earlier. The show started off normally, with plenty of energy, but as soon as She's Thunderstorms started playing, I swear I could see Alex cry a little bit. Something was happening, and I wondered if Jamie had actually told me the truth.

The concert finished and the crowd cheered loudly, as usual. The four of them left the stage and they were dripping in sweat. They all went to their changing rooms to shower and change their clothes. I waited for them outside the venue, while I drank a beer. After a while, the band was ready and we returned to the bus. We drank and chatted for a while, but Alex was completely silent and was drinking straight out of a bottle of whiskey.

- You know, I was thinking about asking her to marry me - the singer slurred, and we all looked at him. Matt, who was sitting next to him, gave him a side hug.

- It was probably for the better - he continued, and wiped a few tears.

- It will be alright - Matt comforted him.

- It won't - the singer shook his head. - I love her so much - he said and broke down crying.

The scene broke my heart. It was truly heartbreaking seeing Alex crying like that. But the worst part was that Jamie didn't lie to me. They really had broken up. I instantly felt very bad about how I had acted towards the guitarist. If I had been in the same situation I would've done the same. Friends always come first, no matter what. I had to apologize to Jamie.

Once Alex calmed down, we decided that it was time to go to bed. I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't because the bus was moving constantly because of the bumps in the road. I was putting my headphones on when I heard someone get out of their bunk and walk down the hall. I peeked through the curtains of my bunk, and recognized the silhouette immediately. It was Jamie. And it was the perfect moment to apologize to him.

I waited a bit and then got out of my bunk. I went to the lounge looking for him and saw that there was a light on in the kitchen. I went there and Jamie was drinking a glass of water. He was wearing black sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

- Hey - I whispered and he looked at me.

- Hey - he gave me a half smile.

- I came here to apologize - I said, and bit the inside of my cheek. - I should've trusted you. I was rude to you, and I'm sorry - I added, quite nervous.

- Come here - he said and opened his arms, and I hugged him.

- I'm sorry - I mumbled against his chest, inhaling his scent. Meanwhile, he rubbed my back.

- It's okay. With how I acted towards you in the past you have your reasons to not trust me, but I want to make things right this time - he said and loosened the hug so I could look at him. - Okay? -

I nodded and he pressed his lips against mine.