6 - Suck it and See

Nothing much happened on Sunday. I phoned Charlotte once I woke up to tell her how my night out with Jamie had been, and the rest of the day I watched movies with my dad. We cooked lunch and ordered pizza for dinner, and had a very nice time together. He didn't ask me a single question about my date with Jamie, which I was relieved for; I couldn't see myself explaining the situation with Jamie to my dad. After finishing watching Mamma Mia!, it was around 9 pm, and we decided we would be going to bed because the next day we were going to the studio.

On Monday and Tuesday the Monkeys would be finishing recording their album, and the rest of the week and the next one they had interviews and photoshoots, which I would be helping them with.

- Sweetie, you need to wake up now. We are going to be late - I heard my dad saying as he gently shook my shoulder.

- What? What time is it? - I asked, confused.

- It's almost 8, and we need to leave at 8:15 if we want to be on time - he said to me.

- Crap, I'll get ready as fast as I can - I said as I jumped out of my bed and stormed into the bathroom. What a great way to start the week.

I showered and got dressed quickly; I put on the first things I saw in my closet, which were light blue skinny jeans and a black shirt. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs.

- Well, that was fast - my dad said surprised. - I made you some breakfast - he added, handing me a cheese sandwich and a cup of coffee.

- Thank you. I'm ready to go. I can eat this in the car - I said to my dad, and he nodded.

We got inside the car and my dad turned it on, and music from The Killers filled the car. I ate my sandwich during the ride. Even though the studio wasn't so far from my house, the traffic at this time of the morning was unbearable, so we had to leave quite early to get to the studio on time.

Once we arrived to the recording studio, my dad and I went to the same room as last week: the second one on the right. To our surprise, the Monkeys weren't inside.

- I guess they are running a bit late - my dad shrugged.

While my dad prepared everything he needed, I sat on the sofa that was in the small lounge, outside the recording booth, and scrolled through Twitter. After around 15 minutes, the door opened and the Monkeys entered the room.

- So sorry we are late - Nick said. - Matt overslept - the bassist said, pointing at the drummer. We all chuckled at that.

- Yeah, sorry - Matt said, scratching the back of his neck. He was clearly embarrassed.

Then the lads said hello to me and my dad, and entered the recording booth, where all their instruments were. They tuned them and plugged them. I was standing behind my dad, looking at them as they prepared themselves.

- Are we ready to start, George? - Alex asked my dad, and he nodded in response. - Okay, with what song should we start? -

- Suck it and See - Jamie replied, and then looked at me with a smile.

The other three Monkeys nodded and Matt marked the tempo with the drumsticks. Alex started to strum his guitar and sing.

Your love is like a studded leather headlock
Your kiss it could put creases in the rain
You're rearer than a can of dandelion and burdock
And those other girls are just postmix lemonade

Then Jamie, Nick and Matt started playing along with Alex.

Suck it and see, you never know
Sit next to me before I go
Jigsaw women with horror movie shoes
Be cruel to me, 'cause I'm a fool for you