Wings, Dad.

Stephen

"...you really don't have to do this, kit. Just think okay, the prophecy won't come true if humans aren't near. If you'd just let us go-"

Stephen was cut off by kits whimper.

He looks up from his shaking hands and sees kit wiping his wet face.

"I don't know anything but humans. I grew up with humans. I learned to read and write from a human. I learned to speak asl from a human. How are you not understanding that I need you! I need you here!"kit shouts, causing Stephen to jump as he watches Kit's claws.

"You're a grown man now. You're my son yes but now you're old enough to take care of yourself. You're surrounded by people that love you an-"

"THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

Stephen shakes in fear as Kit clenches his fists, tears streaming his face as he begins to take a few deep breaths.

"Face the wall, dad."

Stephen's lips begin to quiver.

"Kit. C'mon kid."he says softly.

"...just turn around."Kit responds quietly.

Stephen nods, looking down as he slowly turns around, shuffling till he was facing away from Kit.

"...I knew this would happen.."Stephen says softly as he looks down.

.....

The door opens, and Lunar looks over.

He sees Kit standing there, his eyes teary and claws dripping red.

He looks down, seeing the blood splattered hand of Stephen slightly twitching on the ground as kit steps out, closing the door.

"Cleanse him."Lunar demands.

Two fairies that guarded the doors walk over, quickly cleaning the blood from kits claws.

"Is it done?"Lunar questions.

Kit only nods slowly, waiting for his hands to be cleaned.

"Good. You've done well, Kit. The sprites are gathering Katherine."Lunar says, turning away.

"....Katherine..yeah."Kit says looking away as the two fairies walk away.

He glances back at the door before slightly shuffling forward and on.

.....

Katherine...

Lunar's children slowly glide down into the opening of the room containing Katherine.

The smallest one runs over to her and speaks.

"Miss? We've come to bring you to the tree again."she says.

Katherine doesn't respond, simply turns her head and looks at the small fairy.

Instantly, she notices a strange glint of green in her eyes.

"I think they gave her a love bug!"she says.

Xeno, the oldest approaches her and then carefully pulls her hair up off of her neck.

There, she sees a small pink flower growing straight from the back of Katherine's neck.

"Yes. How cruel they are."Xeno says before gently stroking Katherine's hair.

"It's not cruel! She's helping, fulfilling the prophecy right?"The younger one asks.

"That's what Papa says."Xeno says, helping Katherine to stand.

"Then praise her!"the youngest cheers as Xeno carefully lifts Katherine up bridal style and spreads her large brown and white wings.

She sighs softly before taking flight.

......

Creatureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें