Fritz

Fritz, the loyal goon.

One may wonder why Fritz the tall, handsome muscular man he is, would tolerate a man such as this mysterious doctor to boss him around insultingly.

Here is were you'll find out.

Fritz was tall, mysterious. Always with a hat and sunglasses as are most nameless goons in this story.

But what makes Fritz so special? Why does he get his own chapter?

What makes Fritz here stand out from the rest?

.....

Fritz approaches the doctor after coming back from the local town.

"What's the word, Fritz?"the doctor asks.

"Apparently a private plane went down about 10 kilometers west of here. Shop owner said this fell from it."Fritz says, handing the doctor a book that was caked in mud.

"What am I to do with this? Does it have a scent on it?"The doctor asks.

"Yes sir."

"Then track it."he says, pressing the muddy journal to his chest.

Fritz huffs.

"Yes sir."

....

I cling tightly to lunar as we come to the top opening of the home tree.

He carefully sits Stephen down and then lands, sitting me down as well.

"I'm sorry, Katherine. I should've listened to my father and had Enoch banished."Lunar says.

"And I'm sorry for upsetting you."Stephen says softly.

I don't answer, still in shock from the events.

"Come."Lunar says, beckoning to the entrance.

....

Fritz makes his way into the forest, coming to a clearing. An abandoned campsite.

Instantly, he notices a mixture of large feathers on the ground.

He picks up one of the black feathers and brings it to his nose, smelling.

He pulls a radio from the pocket on his vest.

"Doctor. I found one of their campsites."he says, looking at the feathers.

"How close?"the doctor responds.

"80 clicks."Fritz responds.

"Track them as close as you can."

Fritz huffs, looking down at the snuffed campfire.

"Yes sir."

He pushes forward, following the trail.

....

He comes to a stop at the base of a large, thick tree.

He smiles slightly as he places his hand against it.

He looks way up, towards the top.

"Forgive me, great one."he says, softly running his fingers down the bark of the tree.

....

Meanwhile

Stephen paces in front of the door to the room he shared with Katherine and Kit.

Kit had yet to return from his hunt for Enoch. Lunar watches as Stephen becomes more and more nervous.

"How did you know?"Stephen asks, looking at Lunar.

Lunar huffs, shifting forward on the limb he perched on.

"How did you not know?"he asks.

"I'm not perfect Lunar, you've made that very clear."Stephen says, annoyed.

"I'm not against you, Stephen. I'm trying to improve you. Katherine deserves that."he says.

Suddenly the door opens and they both look back. Katherine sticks her head out and looks at Stephen.

"..is kit back?"she asks.

"No, not yet."Stephen says softly.

"Are you okay?"Lunar asks.

She looks down at her hands, her expression serious. She shakes her head.

"Do you need anything?"Lunar asks as his two children approach.

"Father! An outsider has entered the tree!"the older girl says.

"He hasn't spoken yet papa!"the younger one says before Lunar jumps down.

He picks up the younger one by her arm and places her on his back.

"You girls stay with your mother. You guys might want to follow us."Lunar says, looking back at Katherine and Stephen.

Stephen looks to Katherine who was pale.

"I'll stay with you if you want to stay."Stephen says comfortingly.

She chuckles softly.

"It's okay. I'll come."

....

A massive group of fairies had gathered around one area as Stephen, Lunar and I enter the room.

"Make way! Make way!"Lunar demands, clearing a path towards the man.

His head hung down and he sat on his knees, his hands bound tightly behind his back with vines.

"Who are you?"Lunar speaks in English.

The man doesn't respond.

Lunar looks to the two male fairies holding him.

"Search him."

They begin tearing through his pockets and I see the man avoiding eye contact with Lunar.

One fairy pulls the back of the man's shirt and gasps.

"What?"Lunar questions.

The two fairies lift the man and turn him around, then one of them rips the shirt from his back.

Instantly a number of gasps, and panicked whispering begins.

I cover my mouth in shock and then grab hold of Stephen's arm.

This man had wings once.

You could see the stumps, and scar tissue where they brutally severed.

Lunar walks over instantly, touching a mark that was between the man's shoulder blades. Then he walks around towards his face.

He slowly grips the beanie on the man's head and pulls it off.

Thick black hair with a singular white streak, the same as Lunar's.

"M-moon?"he says.

The man looks up and Lunar gasps before cupping the man's cheeks in his claws.

"What've they done to you, brother?"