Become the prophecy

Katherine

I groan as I look up at the opening far above me. I stand up off the ground and walk back over to the book on the table.

I look down at the picture depicting kit and his human bride.

I wish I could understand the writing on the page.

I gently lift the page and flip it, finding more pictures. This time it depicts the two of them before a large crowd.

I cover my mouth, turning the page again to see the two now entangled with each other, mating before the crowd.

"..public conception is actually frowned upon, this day and age."

I jump as I hear Kits voice and instantly look up, seeing him looking down at me from above.

He hops into the opening, opening his wings and gliding down towards me.

I step away as he approaches the table and book.

"... I'm sorry, kathe-"

"If you're sorry let me go."I interrupt.

"I-i can't."he says.

"Kit. You know how wrong this is. I-i don't want to be your bride i-i just want to go home."I say softly as he looks up at me.

His face drops and he looks back down at the book.

"...why?"he questions.

Confused, I back away a bit.

"W-why what?"I question.

"...why don't you want to be my bride?"

My hands begin to tremble as I try to gather a response.

"W-well, you're like a son to me k-kit. I- I guess I just.. d-don't see you romantically."I say.

He remains quiet, and I couldn't see his expression.

"...is it because I have wings?"he questions, looking up at me.

"No..kit I just can't see you as a.. I just want to go home kit.."I say quietly.

"I want the real reason. You're lying to me, I can smell it."he says, taking a few steps closer to me and causing me to back away against the wall.

"..will you let me go if I tell you the real reason, kit?"

......

Kit stands straight, thumbing the small seed in his palm.

He simply shrugs.

Katherine releases a Shakey breath.

"...you lied to me. You hid things from me. You drugged me. I don't trust you anymore."

Kit immediately feels a pain in his heart and turns away.

"I'm sorry, Katherine."he says.

"You keep saying that and I don't believe you!"Katherine whimpers.

"I'm trying to change my future!"Kit shouts.

"What about my future!"Katherine shouts back.

"YOU'RE FUTURE SHOULD BE WITH ME!"He shouts back.

"It's not fair!"she shouts, beginning to sob as she turns away from him.

Kit groans angrily before looking back towards her.

He drops the seed in his hand, and upon hitting the ground it breaks open and immediately begins to grow.

"It's okay, Katherine. I know you don't want to be here, but I promise it'll be good. You just have to trust me. "He says, the plant growing beside him.

"...I don't think I can, kit."She whimpers softly.

Kit looks down at his claws, saddened.

"...then...I really am sorry."Kit says, looking down at the plant growing on the ground.

Katherine shakes her head before turning back. Instantly she notices the strange plant growing besides kit.

"W-what is that?"she asks, immediately stepping away.

"It's okay. Soon you'll see things my way."

......

Kit sighs, walking back and forth, looking at his claws as he listens to his father struggle against the restraints in the room before him.

"Why are you so worried?"Lunar asks.

"...I've never turned a human. I've never used my venom that way...I didn't want to have to start with my father."Kit says.

"Would you rather it start when you taste human blood and start slaughtering them?"Lunar asks, causing Kit to look up.

"Don't you know I'm doing all this simply to prevent that?"kit questions.

"Then prevent it, kit."Lunar says, pointing at the door.

Kit sighs, looking at the door and then slowly stepping towards it, tucking his large wings inwards as he opens the door and ducks inside.

.....

Stephen

I grunt, trying to pull myself from the vines wrapped tightly around my wrists, binding me to the cot Kat and I had once shared.

Suddenly I hear the door open, and I look up.

I see Kit entering the room and I sigh.

"Kit, let me go. What have you done with Katherine? I-is she okay?"I question as he looks at me, pain in his eyes.

"She's alright dad. I, um...I've come to let you go."Kit says, walking over to the cot I was bound to.

"What about Katherine? You're letting her go too, right? You know she doesn't want to be here kit you can't just -"

"Dad, she has to stay."he says coldly before using his claw to slice the tight vines around my wrists.

I quickly stand up and back away from him.

"Then so do I!"I shout.

"Dad i-i-"

"Where is she?! Take me to her."I say, turning towards the door.

I hear kit sniffling, and I turn back. I see tears streaming his face as he looks down at his claws.

"Why are you crying?"I question.

"...i-i have to hurt you.."

I feel a large wave of fear wash over me, and I take a few steps back.

"..you have to hurt me, or you want to hurt me?"I question.

He looks up at me as tears drop from his eyes.

"...I have to hurt you."He says softly.

"..why?"I question, shaking my head in disappointment.

"... because I need you here. I..I know I've hurt you. You don't trust me. B-but you're all I've known. I-i need you, dad."he says softly.

"..then why are you going to hurt me, kit?"I ask.

He takes a deep breath and wipes his nose before he looks up at me.

"...I need you here, but you can't be human."

I swallow down hard and release a shaking breath.

...