One

Katherine's pov

I chuckle, nearly spitting out my wine as my father completes his joke.

"Daddy!"I laugh.

"And then your mother slipped and fell on her ass."he says.

"That- is not true. In fact, that is the most untrue thing I have ever heard you say Donavan."She says.

I chuckle as I wipe my mouth with a napkin.

.....

I smile as I rinse the dishes off.

"Kathy, will you toss the rubbish please?"My mother asks, packing the leftovers into the fridge.

"Of course Mother."I smile as I walk towards the bin.

I take the rubbish bag out of the bin and tie it shut. I walk towards the back door and pull it open. I huff as I look down the long driveway. It was already dark, and the woods bordering the path looked terrifying.

I groan as I begin my trek down the path. I walk feeling the gravel crunch beneath my shoes and I think about the last time I had been here.

Summer, my 14th birthday. I broke my arm on the tug swing on the dock-

My thoughts were interrupted by a ghastly howl from above. I instantly look up and see something rather large falling.

It crashes into the canopy of the trees and lets out another howl before I hear it falling through the trees and hitting the ground.

"Oh my god!"I shout, thinking it was an animal.

I drop the rubbish and run into the woods, pulling out my phone and pressing the flashlight option.

I hear it's whimpering as I run into the woods. I slow myself, seeing the large broken in half trees.

"My god."I say.

What could've done this? It must be huge..

Suddenly I jump as I hear an animal like whimper coming from right beside me. I slowly look over, and gasp quietly.

There, before my eyes, was a large.. incredibly large set of wings. It was making strange noises, wincing as if the wings were in pain.

I was in shock. I couldn't quite move. I had never seen wings so big. Nor a creature of this size. I take a small step forward.

The wings continue to wince, and it continues to make strange noises. I take a few more steps, reaching my hands out towards it.

Slightly terrified, I tap one of the large, black feathered wings. It winces and I jump back. I couldn't describe the noises it was making. Like a mixture of the purr of a cat, and call of a howler monkey.

I tap the wing again and it does nothing. Slowly, I side step around the large winged thing. Once I come around to it's front, my breathing hitches.

Inside the large set of wings, was what seemed to be a boy. A man.

He was unconscious, with blood dripping onto his face from his wing. In his arms, he held what looked like a black notebook.

I blink rapidly, the poor thing looked like it was in so much pain. I carefully kneel down before it, looking closer.

Suddenly, it's eyes open. It shrieks at me and I scream, falling back as he picks himself up, dragging himself towards me.

I whimper as he hisses at me, bearing animal like fangs and clutching the notebook to his chest as if he were protecting it.

"I'm sorry!"I whimper as he raises his hand towards me.

Suddenly he whimpers and falls down, sounding like a wounded animal. I look up in concern as he touches his injured wing and screeches in pain.

I slowly pull myself up stepping back from him. I catch my breath and watch as he attempts to stand.

"Hey."I say softly.

He briefly looks up at me and then tries to pull himself away from me.

"Can..can you understand me?"I ask, stepping closer to him.

He hisses at me, clutching his notebook.

"Hey, hey I'm not going to hurt you."I say softly, kneeling down.

He grunts at me, loosing the stiffness in his shoulders. He whimpers, touching his injured wing and then looking at me with sad eyes.

What an unusual creature. Pale skin, but muscular physique. All black eyes, and animal like fangs.

He brings his bloody hands away from his chest, and I notice that he also had claws. He moves them in an unusual way towards me.

I don't recognize what he's doing at first, but then it hits me.

"Sign. Are you signing?"I ask.

He lets out a soft whimper, and then falls unconscious again.

I stand up, covering my mouth as I watch his notebook slip off of his chest.

....

Slow start but amazing finish

NKAllen

Creatureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें